2008 Under-19 World Cup

Sam Northeast is a very talented batsmen.

Sam Northeast first came to prominence when as a 13-year-old he scored 19 hundreds in a term, and he continued that form at Harrow where he was in the 1st XI at the age of 14 and more than held his own. Such was his talent that Kent sent coaches to work with him rather than asking him to travel to Canterbury, and he picked up a string of national awards, including a Bunbury scholarship.

In 2005 he made his Kent 2nd XI debut against Durham and scored 96, as well as playing for England Under-15s. In 2006 he was included in a strong Getty XI against the touring Sri Lankans, and he cracked 62.

The U-19's are amazing to watch cause you really cannot predict what can happen when.
THe last U-19 World Cup,i was expecting India to win especially after dismissing Pak for 109.
Pak bundled India out for just 71[at one stage Ind- 12/7]

Pity that the subcontinental boards do not give the U-19 stars enough opportunities to play.

India-only the U-19 captains have been selected to the national team.
Pakistan- It really baffles me as to why the banana-swingers of Jamshiad and Anwar Ali were kept at home for the 2007 WC.

I think the winner will be either Pakistan, Australia or Bangladesh. For those who don't know it: Bangladesh is among the youth teams a very good team.

India U19 battered SA and Ban in the Tri-Nation Tournament, Tanmay Shrivastava and Virat Kohli doing very well.

Heck i completely forgot that Tanmay Srivastava was playing here too.
Virat Kohli is a good captain.I reckon India's got a good chance too.
Ever since they won it under M.Kaif,the team has perfromed well in the subsequent U-19 World Cups.

India and Pakistan tend to do very well in these age group tournaments. Mostly because they tend to have the most raw talent out of the all the sides. Which works at this level, because it's not so much of a physical and mental game as it is at senior international level.

Sam Northeast looks class that means hes about 16 and playing second X1
very good for the future of England !!!!

India and Pakistan tend to do very well in these age group tournaments. Mostly because they tend to have the most raw talent out of the all the sides. Which works at this level, because it's not so much of a physical and mental game as it is at senior international level.

Well cricket is their national sport compared to Australia so their youngsters can focus a hell of alot more on one sport. Australia has the players they just never seem to perform at the international level.

Sam Northeast looks class that means hes about 16 and playing second X1
very good for the future of England !!!!

If you look on the cricinfo second XI games and fixtures from last year, you'll find that plenty of academy players aged 15 upwards play a lot of second team cricket.

Virat Kohli, the Delhi middle-order batsman, has been named captain of the India Under-19 squad for the World Cup in Malaysia next month with the former captain Tanmay Srivistava overlooked. Dav Whatmore, the former Sri Lanka coach and current director of operations at the National Cricket Academy, will coach the party.

India do have a good chance.
We have always done well in the past in U-19's.
We are the defending runner-ups.
With Whatmore in there,things could be different.

Virat Kohli and Pradeep Sangwan are part of finals team for Ranji. We should do well at WC.

As a journalist......i guess the champion will be (best possible team is in no 1)

1. India - The strongest team of the tournmnt
2. Bangladesh - won ODI series in and against pakistan, srilanka, SA etc recently
3. Australia - Most organized team
4. Pakistan - Talented
5. Srilanka - enough talent n mentally strong

i will be following the West Indies Under 19s closely, hopefully they do good in this tournament. I think that Dwayne Bravos younger brother Darren will play and also Adrian Barath the 17 year old Trinidad and Tobago opener should be in the team.

Users who are viewing this thread