2010 Champions League Twenty20 takes form

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
The participants in this year's Champions League is starting to take form.

Victoria Bushrangers (AUS)
Southern Redbacks (AUS)

Central Stags (NZ)

Lions (SAF)
Warriors (SAF)

Wayamba (SL)

Chennai Super Kings (IND)
Mumbai Indians (IND)
Royal Challengers Bangalore (IND)

TBC (WI) West Indies don't seem to have a Twenty20 Domestic Comp at the moment

ECB1 (ENG)
ECB2 (ENG)

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

3 IPL teams and only 1 from NZ/SL is a bit weak. Also its a bit embarrassing for cricket that one of the established nations (PAK) are not playing, but I guess they did it to themselves

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Have the ECB confirmed their participation? If no, there is a strong possibility of backroom diplomacy getting Pakistan in the CLT20 this yr.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
IMO it should be made that all nations get 2 teams in the CL. Dont understand how the IPL gets 3 in but whatever.

P

pcfan123

Nope since they did not make it to the finals of the Big Bash this year. Really stupid, I agree.

Instead of the 3rd IPL team it should be last years winner.

age of the fall

International Cricketer
Nope since they did not make it to the finals of the Big Bash this year. Really stupid, I agree.

Instead of the 3rd IPL team it should be last years winner.

Thats what I was thinking too. We don't need three IPL teams, they already have an unfair advantage.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
^Didn't the IPL teams only get a 3rd because of Pakistan's pull out? Originally it was only going to be 2 IPL teams I'm pretty sure and the 3rd was for the Pakistan champs.

And totally agree. That 3rd slot should go to the defending champs. Makes the tournament mean that little bit more.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Ah stupid. Lose an IPL team, we don't need three. I like the idea above of giving the defending champions a walk.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Agree with you guys, the defending champs should get a chance to defend the title.
Guess if the ECB teams pull out then they could have the opportunity to do so. Can't have a 4th IPL team!

yashwanth kumar

Panel of Selectors
Ya i too support Defending champs need to take part but at the same time they should be strong enough to compete with the best team in the domestic world cricket :)

Harishan

Club Cricketer
Bit unfair on NSW's behalf that they won't be there to defend their title, there should be a rule in place for the team that wins the tournament is automatically qualified for the next edition of the tournament..

Looks like there is two new teams coming from South Africa this time round, as it's always good to watch different domestic teams around the globe.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
there should be a rule in place for the team that wins the tournament is automatically qualified for the next edition of the tournament..
That is what we've been saying..... :p

Will the BCCI getting more money with three IPL teams? Bar ticket sales that is.

srikarr12

Club Cricketer
If the defending champion team made into this years finals as well then who will take the 3rd spot? A slight flaw but fixable. CL might following the UEFA CL where the quota on how many teams from certain domestic leagues qualify depending on their history and succes rates.

Users who are viewing this thread