Story 2010: The Journey of England (CC07)

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Cheers guys, i should be updating either today or tomorrow :p

rabeta

News Team Member
Great win for England there. Pietersen's knock set it up for them, giving them the opportunity to bowl the Bangla out cheaply and then chase down the runs convincingly. Barrow recovered after his poor performances in the 1st Innings :p, however the England management realize that this is a one off performance from him. Keep the great work up Simo, loving the presentation, only thing yo have to do, is in the Game, Set, Match overview, you need to include the scores from eahc of the innings. Great work mate ;)

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Test two, Day one!​

My, my, what a belter of a pitch this is at Birmingham's Edgbaston cricket ground. Its flat, even and i reckon my great grandma would be able to knock up a few on this.

The teams, well Bangladesh, who won the toss and decided to bat, remain unchanged, which is a good decision in my opinion. England on the other hand are all changed, Hoggy and Harmy are no more, they have been dropped, whilst Adil Rashid comes in to replace Trott. Tremlett replaces Hoggard.

So the first day turned out to be a bit of a slow one, we had 180 runs, 6 wickets, and a Barrow bonanza!

BattingCardTest2DayOnejpg586993d6.jpg

BowlingCardTest2DayOnejpg8e0e8b4e.jpg

So, there you go, day one saw a batting display of little excitement, whilst bowling wise, it was tight and helpful. Strangely enough Chris Tremlett didnt have a bowl. Injury worries are filtering from the dressing room, yet nothing is confirmed, and Tremlett was on the field most of the day!

Heres your man of the day!

Manoftheday1TESTTWOjpgebdd569f.jpg

Last edited:

rabeta

News Team Member
Very poor performance by Bangladesh so fat on a very good batting track, and they must be going extremely slow. Good, tight performance by England, well bowled Monty Panesar, the pressure he built gave Barrow, who bowls non-spinning loopy deliveries, the chance to get lucky wickets. A very good day for England, keep up the good work Simon ;)

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
For some reason you look alot like Darren Lehman :p. Very nicely bowled by you mate considering the pitch is so flat. I guess the Bangladeshi batsmen couldn't cash in. England are definetly on top here.

Brett_Lee

International Coach
Bangladesh are playing poorly. With decent bowling England are easliy ontop of this match

Keep up the great presentation.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Seeing as all of Simon Barrow's wickets were caught, they were all flukes and they prove he is not good enough to beat the bat!

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Simo can't see the pics for some reason. Just little red crosses, so if you could upload them again I would be grateful. Then once that has been done I will comment on day 1's play :)

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Can see em now, A good performance again from Barrow but very poor from Bangla. Gifting easy wickets...

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Day Two​

Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to a day full of fruitful batting and bowling which woah'd the crowd. So are you sitting comfortably? If not, you best get comfortable because today was sure a belter!

We started the day off, looking for 4 wickets for England, and id say another 100 or so runs off a good score for Bangladesh.

We had Ahmed going well, and infact he could have carried on had Bangladesh been able to summon more than 40 runs to the score. Mortaza went with the very next ball and well take a look at the batting and bowling cards for yourself here!

BattingCardTest2DayTWOBANjpgacc531bc.jpg

BowlingCardTest2DayTWOjpga83fa15d.jpg

Well, England came out to bat at 12.03pm and it didnt take long for the openers to be dispatched. Trescothick falling for a disappointing 6, while Strauss got to 14 and bowed out. But obviously Barrow and KP didnt go down without a fight and both gritted out fantastic centuries each. Barrow hitting the lowest score of the two, being 110* overnight, and KP still strong at 124*, i can see one of these breaking the 200 barrier tomorrow, great if both do!

So that brings us to KP, the man of the day, here are his stats, obviously there were plenty of boundries for a packed out Edgbaston to salivate over, and boy, did they!

Manofthedaymatchjpge2a1d537.jpg

Well, i hope you've found it exciting and happy for England just as many Edgbaston fans have done today, ill see you here tomorrow for day 3's round up! Good night.​

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Good knock from Ahmed , except him no one even look in form :( Simbo you are doing too good . Australia tour will be good :) start thinking from now on ;) nice story and great presentation

Last edited:

rabeta

News Team Member
Great work Sim. Bangladesh bowled out cheaply and England are doing really well batting wise. As WC said, we may as well look forward to the Aussie tour, because a fixed player against them will be bad enough, but against Bangla, they ain't got a chance. Well bowled Panesar and Anderson and a great knock from Pietersen. Keep the great work up ;)

Users who are viewing this thread