2023 ICC Cricket World Cup (October/November) - India

Your 2023 Cricket World Cup Champions are?

• Australia

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • India

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Australia XI: (IMO)

• Head
  • Bison
  • Smith
  • Warner
  • Green
  • Carey/Inglis
  • Maxwell
  • Agar
  • Starc
  • Cummins
  • Zampa

Agar is bang average, if only they had another good spinning alr
Can't do much (Sangha - will be surprised if he gets selected ahead of Agar) + Selectors like Agar cause he is economical & can bat a bit

• Head
  • Bison
  • Smith
  • Warner
  • Green
  • Carey/Inglis
  • Maxwell
  • Agar
  • Starc
  • Cummins
  • Zampa

Yeah this would be my XI too. Wish someone else was the captain as I think Hazlewood is too good a pacer to leave out if fit and Pat is unlikely to sit out even if he is knackered as shown recently. Even with Starc’s downturn in white ball cricket I doubt they’ll not pick him in the main team due to his legacy.

Agar is bang average, if only they had another good spinning alr

Have to agree, his record has been Moeen tier without potentially offering the same upside with the bat. His shtick doesn’t work as well in ODIs where batters can milk him for runs patiently. I do however think he’ll be like Carey in this tournament and make me eat my words, he looked impressive in the Chennai ODI. He’s also a bit lucky in that Australia have Green who can act as the fourth bowler whilst batting in the top six and Maxi who can bat at seven in an aggressive manner unlike any other player and still be extremely resourceful with the ball.

The presence of those two all-rounders (and MMarsh bowling a few odd overs if needed) means they can get away with a very old school player like him who exists to extend the batting depth on paper and offer a secondary spin option that can get through overs at an average rate.

• Head
  • Bison
  • Smith
  • Warner
  • Green
  • Carey/Inglis
  • Maxwell
  • Agar
  • Starc
  • Cummins
  • Zampa
Inverted Warner and Marsh's positions?

With Inzy as Chief Selector, matter of time before they elevate Imam to captaincy/ deputy.
The chairman has the final say on the captaincy.

• Head
  • Bison
  • Smith
  • Warner
  • Green
  • Carey/Inglis
  • Maxwell
  • Agar
  • Starc
  • Cummins
  • Zampa
Bang on IMO, but I do think they might put Warner back up top again and Marsh at 4.
I wonder though if they'll pick Hazlewood instead of Agar since we had Trav and Maxi.

Inverted Warner and Marsh's positions?

It makes sense at this point of their careers. Marsh and Head are an utterly powerful duo up top where as Warner’s been less and less aggressive in recent years. I also think you can get a makeshift dynamic accumulator out of Warner if he’s willing to adapt.

Yeah this would be my XI too. Wish someone else was the captain as I think Hazlewood is too good a pacer to leave out if fit and Pat is unlikely to sit out even if he is knackered as shown recently. Even with Starc’s downturn in white ball cricket I doubt they’ll not pick him in the main team due to his legacy.
Is there anyone better than Starc to take his place? His temporary downturn is unlikely to affect it, I think so. All players have downturns sometimes.

Hi all!

Is there anyone better than Starc to take his place? His temporary downturn is unlikely to affect it, I think so. All players have downturns sometimes.

Hi all!
Isn't he averaging like under 20 for the past 2/3 years? That's pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread