2023 ICC Cricket World Cup (October/November) - India

Your 2023 Cricket World Cup Champions are?

• Australia

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • India

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This just confirms that you didn’t watch the game and were just watching it on a scorecard. It was clear and obvious why they couldn’t hit out at that moment, even r/cricket was in unanimous agreement over it barring the odd IPL fan.
Post automatically merged:

Agreed. I think the early reverse swing did not help either, I’ve never seen the ball reversing in the mid-30 overs in an ODI in a long time.
I watched and it was extremely tentative batting especially by KL. Pitch was slow yes, but these Indian batsmen are supposed to be extremely familiar with these conditions.

From 8 rpo in 10 overs to less than 5 rpo at the end was not really good enough.

All the talk about tournament fixing by Say Jhah - where has it all gone? He could've done it today too, in front of his home crowd of 1.2L and especially with the leader in attendance.

The whole tournament was played fairly. Yes there are home conditions perks that countries get for hosting tournaments (they give suggestions on pitches to ICC, etc.) but to say that BCCI is gift wrapping the tournament to India and thats why the dominance of winning 10 games in a row, was just sour grapes. Now the same group will be laughing and cheering India's defeat. Hypocrisy 101!

Well played to Indian team in this tournament. Move on, and things will get better soon! 10-1 in 11 matches and most of the 10 being comprehensive. If this was the last WC for Rohit and Kohli, well done to both!!! Sadder for Rohit that he could not be part of 2011 and could retire without a World Cup win.

I watched and it was extremely tentative batting especially by KL. Pitch was slow yes, but these Indian batsmen are supposed to be extremely familiar with these conditions.

From 8 rpo in 10 overs to less than 5 rpo at the end was not really good enough.

Rahul faced the big match nerves pretty severely today. After keeping brilliantly through the tournament, his keeping was extremely shoddy today. I didnt watch the first innings when he batted, but can see that he slowed down too much with all the nervousness/big match jitters.

The talk was of fixing. No one said he was competent :p

Ha ha, my message was not about his competence (I dont care about that much; coz he's not the only cog in the wheel). :D

And a 6th trophy. Congrats Aus

Users who are viewing this thread