23 Feb - Kenya vs Pakistan

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Heard that Pakistan's 5th wicket stand of 110 was their highest ever in WC history surpassing the previous record of 87 . That is surprising :spy
And what a talent Umar Akmal is ! :clap

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Nice game.. Good to see Pakistan behaved as a test playing nation unlike England who were out of soughts

Would be good to see them in quarter finals

Afridi Akhtar

Club Cricketer
Not really. Just an average bowler against a mediocre team.

ya ya. i just want to see IND VS PAK then you see whos better..lol he is even better more than better against strong teams..hope you got my point.No More Words..

I would say that sehwag is just an average batsmen infront of medicore team...Mate try to understand before posting something simply..

Last edited:

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
ya ya. i just want to see IND VS PAK then you see whos better..lol he is even better more than better against strong teams..hope you got my point.No More Words..

I would say that sehwag is just an average batsmen infront of medicore team...Mate try to understand before posting something simply..

Okay, I will take that into due consideration.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors

Id love to see your answer had he said something about Akhtar...

Relax brah

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Okay Afridi Akhtar, I am guessing that by "strong teams" you mean the test playing nations (in ODIs, of course). Here are Afridi's averages against the "strong teams".

Australia: 31
Bangladesh: 19
England: 23

India: 56
New Zealand: 48
South Africa: 39
Sri Lanka: 43

West Indies: 36

So he has a DECENT average against Australia and a very good average against England. I am ignoring Bangladesh because I do not consider them to be a strong team just yet although they have the potential to get there.

Compare this to Sehwag, who according to you, is an average batsman who only does well against mediocre teams. Lets see his batting averages vs all test playing nations (in ODIs).

Australia: 23
Bangladesh: 42
England: 37
New Zealand: 53
Pakistan: 36
South Africa: 27
Sri Lanka: 37
West Indies: 27

I will now color code. Green = excellent, blue = good, red = poor.

Afridi
Excellent: 2 (Bangladesh, England)
Good: 1 (Australia)
Poor: 5 (India, New Zealand, South Africa, Sri Lanka, West Indies)

Sehwag
Excellent: 2 (Bangladesh, New Zealand)
Good: 3 (England, Pakistan, Sri Lanka)
Poor: 3 (Australia, South Africa, West Indies)

I don't think I need to tell you that 3 (Bangladesh, England, Australia) is less than 5 (Bangladesh, New Zealand, England, Pakistan, Sri Lanka).

In short, because I know you're a little slow (just a little), Sehwag performs better against the "strong teams" than Afridi does.

If you want me to break it down further, I will just repeat what I said earlier. Afridi's five-for was just a an average bowler against a mediocre team. Hate to burst your bubble.

From your post it's obvious that you want to make what I said more than what it was by making it an India vs Pakistan issue. I see no logic or reason in that. The words "Sehwag" and "India" were not even included in my post yet you "coincidentally" decided to drag them in. Why? I think we all know the answer but I don't see a reason to spit it out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread