22 Feb - England vs Netherlands

the one thing this match shows though, is this group is MUCH better than group A.

Netherlands seem quite decent in places, Kenya are dire these days, they never won a game in world cricket league against the likes of scotland, canada, netherlands.
Zimbabwe are clearly behind bangladesh, especially given it's in the SC.
Canada are just a jobbing associate whereas Ireland are picking up aspirations of test status.

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move on.

The fielding was a one off, the bowling needs working on (both in terms of make up and actual techniques) and the batting was okay. I don't think we can take too much from today, both from a positive and negative aspect.

Of course there are some big concerns, but you just can't make any assessments when England play Associates, like with warm-ups.

Seriously Anderson doesn't deserve a place in the playing XI IMO despite he being ranked the 12th best bowler according to the farking ICC bowler ratings . Woeful during the warmups , follows it up with an even disgraceful bowling performance . And any idea as to why Bopara din bowl while KP did ??

And i really din expect that kind of a knock from KP :facepalm
* Hello Alastair Cook ?? *

----------

And i have a feeling that Holland are a pretty good side to upset the likes of Bangladesh & Windies , its only a feeling though . And this Barressi looks real good to me .

Last edited:
Again, well played Netherlands :clap Took it right to the end and finally gave us a good game. Bodes well for the WC until Sunday as well - WI vs SA, Aus vs NZ, Bang vs Ire, Pak vs SL and Ind vs Eng should all be cracking fixtures.

Was not the best performance by England but it is job done. The fielding wont be as worse as it was toda.

Just learnt Kp was out to a left arm spinner again . Bangalore next against the Indians , Yuvraj Singh for the new ball ??

Holland put up a spirited fight. Really impressed and showed some associate nations should be part of the World Cup in the future. Just hope it wasnt a one off performance. Go Dutch!

Too bad Nannes wasn't around, he might have been able to swing that result towards the dutch. KP innings looked like a shocker, he was sent out there to be the hitter not the slow boy.

I didn't see his innings but cricinfo said something along the lines of "KP starts well" at one point. So I'm guessing he must have really gotten bogged down. His SR was worse than Trotts by more than 30 points!

Users who are viewing this thread