21 Feb - Australia vs Zimbabwe

Johnson, Lee and Tait onsong = no chance for Zim.

Let's have a competitive match already please

Really a boring game. Zimbabwe was actually killed by 263 runs. Where Australia where at one stage they should have made round about 230 odd runs and that would mean less pressure to start off.

But yes wanted Aussies to win as they need a win :yes

29 consecutive World Cup win for us. Nice bowling from Mitch and co but we yet again struggle in getting the tails. Go Aussie !! :D

This match and the warm up against India proves if any team has to strangle Australian batsmen they have to have spinners on all the time. They look so helpless against spin that they end up getting out in frustration.

Aus won, but what worried me was that number 8 & number 9 batsmen like Utseya & Cremer were able to hold their own for such a long period. Just when the Zim players realized that the match was gone for good they just decided to stick to the wicket & that's when the aussie pace attack felt little blunt for the sub continent conditions. Also what was worrying was that the Aussie batsmen were slow to start against spin (though this might be a conscious decision on their part).

Best of luck to the Kangs for the next game :thumbs

Zimbabwean bowlers did a better job than their Indian counterparts. The Aussies were actually struggling at one point of time, lucky for them the blast came in the last 5 overs.
On the other hand, had the Aussies limped to say 227 ,it would have been very much gettable for the Zim players, provided that they kept wickets in hand.

They didn't struggle against the spin. Anyone who saw the game would agree with me - they were playing steadily on purpose. They didn't look clueless today like they did against India, rather, they were very calm.

I didn't mean they were clueless but they were not able to find singles at will. They were struggling to get runs early on and in the middle overs, late flourish got them to 260. If it was a better side chasing they would've loved aussie attack which would have provided some pace in this slow track. so they might have tough times ahead.

Good thing for Australia is Clarke was looking fluent.

Definitely can't say Australia have peaked too soon, they will either peak at the right stage or not peak at all. Krejza probably won himself a starting spot for the next game, Johnson does enjoy the Indian conditions. Lee is the only that hasn't quite adapted to these conditions.

Thought the pitch was really low & slow. Dont think any of the other major non sub-continental sides would have done better than AUS batting performance. So no worries IMO.

Big Bear needs a score soon though however.

----------

Definitely can't say Australia have peaked too soon, they will either peak at the right stage or not peak at all. Krejza probably won himself a starting spot for the next game, Johnson does enjoy the Indian conditions. Lee is the only that hasn't quite adapted to these conditions.

Why do you say that?. I haven't noticed any adaptation problems for Bing.

He looked good to me, infact all the aussie bowlers did very well which is a very good sign. Just hope our batting improves though.

A good win but not a great win. It wasn't great to see Zimbabwe's tail wag, because as of late, Australia haven't been great at finishing off the tail.

It was good to see Clarke in form, likewise from Ponting but Mpofu's runout was sensational!

Users who are viewing this thread