23rd Match, Group F: India v Sri Lanka at Gros Islet

P

pcfan123

If I could be arsed I would dig up quotes from people here who are saying "its only Twenty20, its meaningless" and show what they said when India won the damn thing in 07.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
If I could be arsed I would dig up quotes from people here who are saying "its only Twenty20, its meaningless" and show what they said when India won the damn thing in 07.

It's nice to win, and obviously you'd be happy to win any series or tournament, but it doesn't rank that high in importance for me at least. I rate the CB Series victory as a more significant achievement in limited overs cricket than the T20WC 07 win.

Params7

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Economics 101, Chapter 1 : A town with a team that doesn't win often has relatively low priced tickets to attract crowds. However when the home team start winning the prices go high as demand for tickets increase. Why?

Obviously now if the team wins you'll celebrate, and if it doesn't you hope it does better next time, instead of sulking/crying in a corner, right? For some events you can't help it, I was depressed for days after 2003 WC final but as big as T20 WC celebrations were for me (it was 10 in the night when India won and I watched the match in a playground on projector with my friends and the rest of the neighborhood - and I'll tell you the next hour that followed I've never seen Delhi so lit up with celebrations) - for some reason I'm not too affected at all by India's exit here. Probably because I'm getting sick of T20 now and just want it to be over. Also I don't mind Pakistan winning either because I didn't like the way they were treated in IPL auctions.

P

pcfan123

I want Pakistan to win if England are out, but then again I don't want Afridi to win it , because it will justify having him stay in command.

Yogy

Club Cricketer
I think australia are the team in form, they should win it on from here.

i want to see england win aa Icc tournament, they did not win a world cup or an icc champions trophy before though they reached the finals.

TumTum

International Cricketer
It's nice to win, and obviously you'd be happy to win any series or tournament, but it doesn't rank that high in importance for me at least. I rate the CB Series victory as a more significant achievement in limited overs cricket than the T20WC 07 win.

I don't see how you can.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

I rate the CB Series win higher as well. Firstly, it was against Australia in Australia. Secondly, it came after a closely contested test series and all the controversy associated with it.

I was sulking for days after the 2007 WC and still feel bad about the 2003 WC final defeat. The T20 WC exits don`t seem to matter to me at all and I`m being honest. Sure, I might have celebrated if we won the thing but I don`t see that being any different to a bilateral series win. What people must also not forget is that the 2007 T20 WC was special for us mainly because we got knocked out in the first round in the actual ICC World Cup in 2007 and had sent a team of newbies. It helped bring cricket back on track for the Indian public and gave them something to celebrate (although I feel that Indian cricket got back on track with the 2007 England tour just before the T20 WC in 2007).

I also feel that the guy up there wants test cricket to survive. The irony is that India has the biggest T20 league in the world and are still pathetic at that format whereas they are definitely among the top 3 test sides (ranked No.1) inspite of the popular belief being that test cricket is dying in India. Its good for the game as well. As long as India are good at ODIs and Tests and bad at T20s, it is good for the game.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The CB series win is definitely ranked high. I rank it higher than our T20 World Championship win in 2007. We beat Australia in Australia, and thats a big one. Most of Australia's big players were still there (Gilchrist's final swansong).

Users who are viewing this thread