24th Match, Group F: West Indies v Australia at Gros Islet

P

pcfan123

Everytime I think of Bravo it reminds me of this one catch he took in the IPL. It was a simple running forward catch but he put this really gay and unnecessary dive after he caught it. That sums him up

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
So Bravo can't bat, and can't bowl. What exactly does he offer then? Most over-rated cricketer in the world?

Just hugely out of form since coming back from his injury after the Aussie tour. He is still a great fielder but needs to find some form quick because the South Africa series is coming up and he will be a key player if the West Indies are to hope for a win.

Dare added 1 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

:laugh Now slagging off Benn's speed across the ground. Suni's not liking these West Indian slow left armers tonight is he!

I think he just doesn't like any cricket other then Indian. So commenting on a match between Australia and West Indies is probably boring to him.

Dare added 1 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

Wonder why Gayle hasn't bowler Sammy yet. This wicket is made for him.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Deaf defining silence apart from that horn thingy. Haddin gone from a strike rate of 20 to well above 100.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Bravo seems to get this reputation as a key player for the West Indies, but what has he actually done at International level really? Doesn't ever look like he's going to manage a batting average over 40 consistently, his bowling is honestly nothing more than part-time medium pace, so all he offers really is fielding. Not sure how he has such a massive reputation from commentators like David Lloyd. Hugely over-rated cricketer AFAIC.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
This pitch should be ideal for bowlers like Bravo and Pollard, just bowl lots of cutters.

angryangy added 0 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Oh yeah, Sammy too. He could do that.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hes got the technique to go on as a batsmen but he lacks the concentration and consistency. His bowling is handy enough for T20s, hes always near the top of the wicket taking charts at the end of the tournament. In the Champions League he was in the top 3 IIRC and here he is WI 2nd highest wicket taker.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Bravo seems to get this reputation as a key player for the West Indies, but what has he actually done at International level really? Doesn't ever look like he's going to manage a batting average over 40 consistently, his bowling is honestly nothing more than part-time medium pace, so all he offers really is fielding. Not sure how he has such a massive reputation from commentators like David Lloyd. Hugely over-rated cricketer AFAIC.

Well since I started watching the West Indies I don't think he has had a full year where he wasn't injured.
In his career he has performed really well against the Aussies and in Australia. I have no idea why he cant put up that sort of performance consistently against other teams too. He is one of the key players because he does offer so many things to the team. If he can string 3-4 year without getting injured he can perform up to his potential.

Dare added 1 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Thats why KP.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Well Bravo backing up Dan's point right there! Awesome fielding, from the great stop to throwing down the stumps.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
He more or less won the match against India by running out Dhoni in the 18th over.

Brook

Club Captain
Pretty moronic to get run out when chasing at this kind of rate

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Hes got the technique to go on as a batsmen but he lacks the concentration and consistency.

That is a issue for allot of the players on the WI team, this one and in the other 2 formats.
As a fan all I have asked for was consistency from the team and its disappointing when they show it for half a series and the don't show it again for the rest of it.

Dare added 3 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

Taylor not bowling to his field at all.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
That is a issue for allot of the players on the WI team, this one and in the other 2 formats.
As a fan all I have asked for was consistency from the team and its disappointing when they show it for half a series and the don't show it again for the rest of it.

Pretty much, Pollard is another case in point. Really nothing wrong with his technique and when hes on, he really is on.

Pretty moronic to get run out when chasing at this kind of rate

Didn't help his overall SR either, 66.6 for this match, overall slipping closer and closer to under 100.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Looks like he was hit by the ball and fell of the stand. Hope hes alright as that looks like quite the fall.

Users who are viewing this thread