IPL 25 Apr - Kings XI Punjab v Mumbai Indians

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Great fight back by KXI.Last 5 overs totally belonged to them.Great display of hitting by Dussey and Miller led them towards a fighting total.But at the same time i thik MI bowlers were off target as well in the last part of the innings

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Chawla and Hussey have gifted this to MI in a platter! Couldnt Hussey find a good medium pacer-fast bowler for the last two overs? A spinner is always a major risk in the final overs even if he is a Warne or a Murali. This is why Dhoni doesnt go for spinners in the death overs.

I hate seeing MI win, but this is going to be a MI win due to bad decision by Punjab.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Whoo !!!!! 27 off one over this is amazing.Peterson and Rayudu have pulled this one off from no where

----------

This is becoming interesting.Come on Mahmood

Super Over :spy

jacobfelix

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
:lol :lol Piyush ruined it completely by conceeding 27 of that 19th over.... :eek:

Poor Preity....Its NOT the time for Disco.....:p

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Lesson learnt the hard way - don't bowl a spinner even if the opposition needs 6 sixes an over in the last 3 overs, to win! Ideally, spinners should finish their quota by the 16th over.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
So, what he would have done? Give some credit to the batters. Peterson changed it and shifted the momentum with those switch hits.

Gurjot95

National Board President
Yeah he indeed played excellent (even though I missed it, looking at scorecard) but could he score and use these switch hits against a fast bowler? I guess no...

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
So, what he would have done? Give some credit to the batters. Peterson changed it and shifted the momentum with those switch hits.

NO! The victory to Mumbai was more possible due to the poor decision by David Hussey to go with a spinner. Did you see how Peterson batted against Azhar Mahmood in that final over? Tried so hard to whack it but couldn't do anything (he definitely tried to hit out even in the final over).

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
De Villiers does it, so maybe Peterson could have as well. :p But, yeah disappointed with Kings XI for not winning this one. They look okay but, need to win such matches.

Users who are viewing this thread