3d models for TAOC

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am re-editing my Feroz Shah Kotla stadium since Lazy is not satisfied with the old one i made. This time, i have added in a bigger stand without gaps as Lazy wanted. Ill post the preview soon. For some reason, my maya is going slow. I click on any face and it takes 2 minutes to unfreeze. The poly cause is giving me weird number. yesterday, it was 8765 and not its telling me it is 112345.

There's no need to be snide.

It doesn't matter whether or not I'm satisfied with it - it;s you who should want to make the best thing possible.

That large face count is probably due to a high number of faces....

You might have subdivided everything, or duplicated everything or something. Maya won't be lying. And that massive face count will likely cause your computer to slow down, so I would suggest you might have accidentally done something to your model.

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
There's no need to be snide.

It doesn't matter whether or not I'm satisfied with it - it;s you who should want to make the best thing possible.

That large face count is probably due to a high number of faces....

You might have subdivided everything, or duplicated everything or something. Maya won't be lying. And that massive face count will likely cause your computer to slow down, so I would suggest you might have accidentally done something to your model.
I double checked 50 million times if there are any duplicates or not and there are none. Thats why i am still remaking the whole layout and i will add one or two more stands. I am not paying really good attention to the crowds because they will be edited later on.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Shite thats good Lazy! When I first saw that post, I didn't click on the tumbnail cause I thought you were giving a ref pic of the stadium to someone!

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
Final stadium list

England:

Lords, London(Completed)

Australia

SCG, Sydney(Completed)

West Indies

Queens Park, Grenada(Completed)

South Africa

Wanderers Stadium,Johanesburg(WIP:by appu)

India

Eden Gardens, Calcutta(Completed)

Pakistan

Gadaffi Stadium, Lahore(Completed)

Sri Lanka

R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo(WIP:by tanmay)

Bangladesh

Sher-e-Bangla Mirpur Stadium, Dhaka(WIP:by nabeel3494)

New Zealand

Eden Park, Auckland(Completed)

if you want to make then make from wip and the best stadium would be chosen among the two...

Gurjot95

National Board President
This is the list of those stadiums which are done by users in this thread or which are done my all users including LC and also I was thinking there is atleast 2 stadiums for every country

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
no the completed stadiums had been done by JK and LM and thw WIP are in progress by users in this thread.you can also try WIP ones and post your result here and the best stadium amongst will be for TAOC....

Gurjot95

National Board President
no the completed stadiums had been done by JK and LM and thw WIP are in progress by users in this thread.you can also try WIP ones and post your result here and the best stadium amongst will be for TAOC....
No thanks I dont know anything about 3d Max I just wanted to know progress anyways you guys are working hard. Hope your stadium will be in TAOC

gocricketgo

School Cricketer
Nabeel, will that list for stadiums be added to for example MS Dhoni is making Feroz Shah Kotla and I really would like to make Headingley, I have done a couple of the stands and a bit of texturing with some great results (in my opinion) and now I have d/l photoshop I think it could be excellent. If there's no chance of it being included though I won't bother carrying on.

I really hope you give me the go ahead. A response from LM / JK would be good also. Thanks

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
you can make your stadium as MS is making and release it afterwards as a patch but for now as JK said that we should not want to be partial towards any country,therefore you can make the stadium but release it afterwards...

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
you can make your stadium as MS is making and release it afterwards as a patch but for now as JK said that we should not want to be partial towards any country,therefore you can make the stadium but release it afterwards...

Nabeel you're talking complete nonsense. Anyone can make any stadium they like. Depending on when it is completed, and on its quality, it will make its way into the game at an appropriate time.

To everyone:
If you want to make a stadium, make it, unless it's already been made. Even then, if you think you can make a better one, go ahead.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Before you start making any stadium....just post a simple stand or something that'll showcase your potential...coz, we dont wanna block a stadium for crap quality.

just dont start making the entire stadium at one go and dont be disappointed if yours isnt selected in the game.

Quality matters and not quantity.

also, keep in mind that i will not allow TAOC to go EA way....i.e
10 english stadiums and just one indian stadium and vice-versa.
everything should be treated equally...
this condition though can be relaxed if the particular stadium
is exceptional well created.

Last edited:

srk121

International Coach
Before you start making any stadium....just post a simple stand or something that'll showcase your potential...coz, we dont wanna block a stadium for crap quality.

just dont start making the entire stadium at one go and dont be disappointed if yours isnt selected in the game.

Quality matters and not quantity.

also, keep in mind that i will not allow TAOC to go EA way....i.e
10 english stadiums and just one indian stadium and vice-versa.
everything should be treated equally...
this condition though can be relaxed if the particular stadium
is exceptional well created.

We have great people with superb skills ;) i am sure we will have fantastic results for the stadiums. keep it up guys.

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
Ok i have started to remake Feroz Shah Kotla stadium. Here is the First stand of it. I looked at google earth and from the top view, it is showing me that this stadium only has 4 buildings altogather. 2 of the stand shown below and the pavillion and the other brick building. I will keep the other two buildings(pavillion and the brick building from my last model because it looks good).
Please tell em what else should i add to this. Trust me, i won't reply harshly this time :D Just tell me what else needs to be added to the stand.

View attachment 55097

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread