Your Cricket ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi everybody. :)

Seening as a lot of people are posting about their personal cricket seasons, I thought I'd post about mine. So far my season has been buged with weddings which I really did not want to go to, therefore my coach is getting the impression that 'I am not committed to the team'. I play under 14's

Well my first match I took one wicket but went for about 25 of 3 overs (BTW I'm legspinner if you hadn't guesses :p). I was really ticked off about that although they had some very good County players I felt I bowled too many full tosses, and my googlies just kept going too wide to trouble he batsmen. This match was ages ago though.

Todays Match - Bishop Veseys's Grammar School (Us) Versus King Edwards Five Ways.

I just had a match today and was very pleased with myself. I took 4 wickets in 4 overs with 2 maidens conceding 14 runs altogether. We made 104-7 in our 20 overs and we restricted them to 87-9in their twenty overs. Second best bowling figures, again very pleased with myself. It also answered any doubts over my place in the side after being randomly dropped for a match a week ago.

Next Match: Monday versus Fairfax school.

Keep reading folks! :thumbs

whitekickboy

Club Captain
played mate im joining a team tommorrow an d hope to play this weekend for un 14 coach says im good enough to play for under 15's but im gonner stay with my mate :D

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
any new updates mate?

Yes sorry. We had a match today.

Bishop Veseys Grammar School Versus Queensbridge School.

It was a T20. We made 159 batting first which we were pretty pleased with, the wicket was true, no weird bounce or anything. Of course I didn' bat as I'm a No.11 and we only lost 4 wickets :p. Anyway their chase started quite well, they were up with the required rate (8 an over). They were 30 for 0 after 4 overs and the spinners were required. The first spinner (also a legspinner took 2 wickets with his first 2 balls and just missed out on a hattrick, very unlucky.

My figures: 3 - 1 - 9 - 4. (3 overs, 1 maiden, 9 runs conceded and 4 wickets taken)

Heres how I took them:

1) Probably my best wicket. Stat of my second over. Bowled a googly first up to their captain (Left hander, bowling over the wicket). It pitched on off stump and span away to outside offstump beating the outside edge. The next ball was my wicket ball, beacuse I bambbozled him with a googly the previous ball, I now bowled my normal legbreaker which sun back in between the bat a pad and the wicketkeeper stumped him because he was charging. Really pleased with that wicket. Best wicket in the match for me. :)

2) Bowled 'im!. The next ball after dismissing the captain. Beatifully flighted leg break which spun from leg to middle and off, beating the bat easily
and batsmen was bamboozled. I was on fire - and on hattrick! Sadly I missed the hattrick chance, only marginally though. The ball crept between the bat and padbut somehow missed the stumps. :noway:D

3) The same over! Googly on leg which the left handed batsmen tried to slog sweep. He just ballooned it to mid on. Best over of my life. Triple wicket maiden. Yeah baby. :cool:

4) A wee bit harsh on the batsmen here. Probably just pitched outside leg stump but the desicion was plumb. I bowled it slightly flatter and quicker, and it worked. I had two balls to get my 5-fer but sadly didn't get....

Overall a excellent match for my team and me :D:happy

Bishop Vesey Grammar school win by 90 runs.

Next update: Saturday/Monday. Thanks for reading folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread