IPL 6th Match: Kings XI Punjab v Kolkata Knight Riders

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Kings XI Punjab v Kolkata Knight Riders at Durban

Cricinfo probables

Punjab: 1 Ravi Bopara, 2 Karan Goel, 3 Kumar Sangakkara (wk), 4 Yuvraj Singh (capt), 5 Mahela Jaayawardene, 6 Irfan Pathan, 7 Piyush Chawla, 8 Taruwar Kohli, 9 Vikramjeet Malik, 10 VRV Singh, 11 Yusuf Abdulla.

Kolkata: 1 Brendon McCullum (capt & wk), 2 Chris Gayle, 3 Sourav Ganguly, 4 Brad Hodge, 5 Aakash Chopra, 6 Laxmi Ratan Shukla, 7 Moises Henriques, 8 Ajit Agarkar, 9 Murali Kartik, 10 Ishant Sharma, 11 Ashok Dinda.

Cricinfo preview

many of you may not agree but the KKR batting is no more than the gayle-mccullum show. if one of them or both(may God forbid.lol) stays till the 10th over,KKR will be in a very comfortabel position and if we further boil it down,what we see is just the chris gayle show.why? why not? lets face it-mccullum can't deal with bounce and movement off the seam with ease.he can counter the swing by standing out of the crease but the seam movement,i'm afraid not and his weakness has always been the slower ball in the domestic season and i expect guys like abdulla dnd vrvs to exploit it.mccullum has talent but not as much class as most of us believe he does.if chris gayle fires,KKR will win and if he doesn't KXP will

Top order has to fire for KKR I feel, if it doesn't they will struggle again.

If Gul was allowed to play they would be in a much better position he would add a lot to the attack and the balance of the side.

Hope they dump those two total craps- Chopra and Agarkar, and pick Mendis instead of Moises. As, in the last match- the team made no sense. If they don't, we'll see a repeat of yesterday.

My KKR XI

1. McCullam (C) (WK)
2. Gayle
3. Dada (6)
4. Hodge
5. A.Das
6. Laxmi
7. Sanjay Bangar (5)
8. Ishant (2)
9. Dinda (1)
10. Mendis (3)
11. S.Rana (4)

I think Punjab will win. They have more strong Indian players and it counts very much in the IPL. Going to be tough though. Still I have my money on them.

lol. Chopra is still in playing 11 and Mendis is not playing. Awesome stuff by KKD. :p

Good start by Sharma, good bounce in this pitch.

Very surprised Henriques was kept. Dinda was going well until the last 2 balls which totally released the pressure.

Pathan at three?

Nice shot though.

He is batting really well here, doing his job lol.

Last edited:
India have used Pathan at 3 in the ODIs so no surprise. Hes is really going after the attack just what Punjab needed.

aussie1st added 2 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Henriques is on :) 2nd ball was 140km'h oh yea finally getting his pace up.

India have used Pathan at 3 in the ODIs so no surprise. Hes is really going after the attack just what Punjab needed.

aussie1st added 2 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Henriques is on :) 2nd ball was 140km'h oh yea finally getting his pace up.

What is he better at bowling or batting. Looks very promising.

What is he better at bowling or batting. Looks very promising.

Hmmm kinda of getting smashed. From what I've seen his batting has the potential but he lacks concentration so keeps getting out after a start. His bowling is probably his stronger point right now but he ain't great in either atm. He can swing it and get seam movement, in Aus he was usually bowling 130km/h.

Wow Ganguly has 2 wickets.

Ganguly gets 2 in an over. Good catch from McCullum, got abit of extra bounce and took the edge. Good bowling.

Yooraf Singh's in.

That Preity Zinta is hawt as well!

Users who are viewing this thread