A bigger T20 World Cup

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
:rolleyes: I think it was pretty obvious I was implying that I think it shouldn't even be on by saying 2 matches is too long.
Why don't you think it should be on? What is so bad about it? It has been a fantastic tournament so far.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Why don't you think it should be on? What is so bad about it? It has been a fantastic tournament so far.

I don't like twenty20 at international level. It's been taken way to far out of proportion. It's great fun at domestic level, because it's all just fun and the players aren't too fussed, even though they do want to win. But when it gets to the stage of becoming a world cup at international level I think it's to far. With all the complaining that the schedule is too packed I think it's ridiculous to bring in this tournament.

It's my opinion, and keep in mind I don't like twenty20 anyway.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I don't like twenty20 at international level. It's been taken way to far out of proportion. It's great fun at domestic level, because it's all just fun and the players aren't too fussed, even though they do want to win. But when it gets to the stage of becoming a world cup at international level I think it's to far. With all the complaining that the schedule is too packed I think it's ridiculous to bring in this tournament.

It's my opinion, and keep in mind I don't like twenty20 anyway.
I can see this tournament replacing the Champions Trophy soon.

I used to be like you, a hopeless traditionalist clinging on to the sanctity of test cricket. But T20 is very exciting and it's a tournament there to be won. Test cricket and T20 are two different things.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I can see this tournament replacing the Champions Trophy soon.

I used to be like you, a hopeless traditionalist clinging on to the sanctity of test cricket. But T20 is very exciting and it's a tournament there to be won. Test cricket and T20 are two different things.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again I fail to see the excitement behind twenty20 apart from the first 5 overs, I'll watch that, and then after that probably 60% of the time it gets boring. Then after the first 5 overs of the next innings, half the time the game will be decided.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Somehow the Champions Trophy has'nt clicked with the public.T20 is unpredictable,you have The Netherlands beating the English.
I think what the CT needs is a direct knock-out format,the one that was used in 2000,Nairobi.

Users who are viewing this thread