ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Bangladesh's wins are a fluke.

If you meant the WC2007 results, then it is definitely not a fluke Sahil. The way we played them is just rubbish! No excuses, Bangladesh outsmarted us. Even the victory against South Africa tells the story that they are vital inexperienced team.

'In-experienced' in the sense, they are yet to learn correct from their mistakes. Yesterday's match vs India is one good example. After having such a great start in chase, will anyone get out by playing nothing-worth shots? They should have kept the scorecard ticking by 1's n 2's till 15 overs and then they should have attacked. This was where experienced Dhoni/Gambhir did and inexperienced Bangla players failed to do so.

Bangladesh is very well placed on the learning curve. Teams like Ireland, Bangladesh needs right mentors. Remember Sahil, we did struggle horribly till we got a right mentor - DHONI though we had 4-5 legends in our side! I predict Bangladesh to be in finals of 2015 Wcup. :) Lets see..

Anyways back to the topic, I liked the format of the first ever Knockout-Champions Trophy. Even I would love to see this T20 WCup also in the same format. Getting knocked out... after all T20 is just a lots of fun. :p

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Nice post suren.

I'm not just counting the WC 2007 wins. Agreed ,we played horribly in that match. But after that,Bangla hasnt really shown its class. They need good mentors,true,but I believe the ICC should set a time-frame for them.
In today's fast-paced life,10 year is too long a time for a country to imrpove and win consistently.
As you say suren.lets wait till 2015. :)

And now to the topic,I would seriously love a knock out format,but I must say that the current format too is as good as a knock out.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
why is it so painful for some of you that Bangladesh has a test statues?? i get Englishmen, b.c they are English but why Indians?

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
why is it so painful for some of you that Bangladesh has a test statues?? i get Englishmen, b.c they are English but why Indians?
Noone has anything against the Bangladesh.They`ve had ten years of test cricket already have`nt shown any signs of getting better. Even in ODis they have not started beating top sides consistently. They been around for sometime now and must start winning consistently now. It is not about inexperience anymore.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Why would us English find it painful that Bangladesh has test status?

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Why would us English find it painful that Bangladesh has test status?

Why would anyone find it bitter if Bangladesh have test status?
We love the sport and want it to be played by more and more nations.

AndyRAC

School Cricketer
Keep the T20 WCup as it is.
However, the 50 over version really needs changing - I've never understood the thinking behind Super6/8's. The Football/Rugby Union World Cups don't have them - so have 4 groups of 4, the top 2 go through to Quarter finals. Simple.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Keep the T20 WCup as it is.
However, the 50 over version really needs changing - I've never understood the thinking behind Super6/8's. The Football/Rugby Union World Cups don't have them - so have 4 groups of 4, the top 2 go through to Quarter finals. Simple.

The next time round we are gonna have a format similar to the one used in 1996.
The Quarter Finals are back.

aditya123 said:
Noone has anything against the Bangladesh.They`ve had ten years of test cricket already have`nt shown any signs of getting better. Even in ODis they have not started beating top sides consistently. They been around for sometime now and must start winning consistently now. It is not about inexperience anymore.

Precisely,thats what I have been trying to say.
Ten years is a long time,and if you can't improve,you got to go.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
I think that the longer you make the T20 World Cup, the more respect it will get. Particularly in countries yet to be sold on T20 cricket like Australia. At the moment it seems like a 2 week exhibition tournament where one loss has you teetering on the brink of elimination. That's not a real tournament in my book. This morning when I talk to people here for example, I'm sure the Aussie exit will be de-emphasised by fans, mainly because it's such a short tournament obviously made for entertainment.

Yet if the tournament were longer and more comprehensive, greater emphasis could be made of it and greater spoils for the winner. Right now, Ireland has probably a 5% chance of stringing together enough luck to win the tournament. That to me is entertaining, but not meaningful. In any serious cricket tournament Ireland shouldn't have a hope.

Mercules

Club Cricketer
I'm all for giving associates greater exposure in international cricket. Giving lesser nations the opportunity to play bigger sides will give them invaluable experience and accelerate their progression. It also attracts press to their national side like the coverage Netherlands has recently enjoyed, which expands the worldwide fanbase.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Hell no, don't longer it. We only played 2 games but it was still far to long. I might feel obliged to watch it if we play more games and that's the last thing I want.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
It's funny, because as a result of the small structure, it actually makes itself smaller. The final 3 matches will be redundant because the super 8 teams and positions will be decided as soon as today's first game is over.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I think I said at the conclusion of the last World Twenty20 that I would like it to be bigger. 4 groups of 4 each would be good and it would allow the big teams to have one slip-up in their pocket. The associates who are coming along would need to be slightly more consistent. Weaker teams are always going to be stronger in shorter games.

4 groups of 4 each and then quarters, semis and final. It would be about the same length as this tournament and we'd be able to watch some of the lesser known teams in world cricket.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hell no, don't longer it. We only played 2 games but it was still far to long. I might feel obliged to watch it if we play more games and that's the last thing I want.
Australia's first game was on Saturday and their second one was on Monday. It's hardly long now is it.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Australia's first game was on Saturday and their second one was on Monday. It's hardly long now is it.

:rolleyes: I think it was pretty obvious I was implying that I think it shouldn't even be on by saying 2 matches is too long.

Users who are viewing this thread