A biology-inspired alternative to DLS for T20 cricket

Do you think the Kleiber could be an alternative to DLS for T20s ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Never

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kleiber

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Friends,

I have tried developing a bio-inspired approach for determination of revised targets in rain interrupted T20 matches. It is quite simple to understand, even simpler to use and is fully in open-domain. The approach is very robust and gives reasonable targets and could be a spectator-friendly alternative to DLS for T20 cricket, where rain rules have received the greatest share of criticism in the recent past. You can find the details at Home of T20 cricket's first bio-inspired rain rule and also on the article in Cricinfo at A biology-inspired rain rule for T20s | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo I would love to hear the comments/criticisms/suggestions from the members on the new rain rule for T20.

kleiber

I to be very fair don't mind the DLS system. Granted I don't understand it, but I think we have come a long way from the 1992 SA SF Rain Fiasco. D/L I think does a job, and doesnt create too much of a mess. Again I don't understand DLS so I can't say if it is doing something wrong.

However all said and done, just because we don't understand it is no reason to automatically change it. THose who understand it seem to be happy with the job its doing.

As for the method you suggested, it did make sense. However since I do not really understand DL method, I can't really comment on which is the better one.

@PokerAce,

My point is not to replace DLS just because a few understand it. It is just to have a system that can also be understood and freely available for application, neither of which can be said about the DLS. Using the calculator (or the approach specified) in the link given in my first post, will at the very least, allow spectators to have a reasonable idea of the targets before waiting for the DLS to put it on screen.

kleiber

Users who are viewing this thread