A controller is REQUIRED to play on PC -XBOX PC Controller recommended

The one's who are sad about this is clearly pirates. :P
Anyways nice there a big applause to Big Ant to at least slow down the piracy for cricket games. Will a PS3 controller work by any chance? :spy

That's a pretty bold statement to make. Honestly, I feel offended by that. I was never a joystick guy and would prefer keyboard over a controller any day. But would that make me someone who indulges in piracy?

Help me out here as I try to understand the connection between playing with a keyboard and piracy and how using a controller would solve piracy issues? Am I missing something here?

^Well that wasn't really aimed at you if i am on about piracy right?:spy

Can you please explain the logical reason behind the connection of piracy to controller?

^ :facepalm
Ross just tried my PS3 controller on here and it is quiet dodgy, will a logitech controller work?

I'm not too sure about this theory.These days controllers are very inexpensive especially in India and almost every person already have them.I reckon that the fact of having a controller for playing the game may have a very marginal effect on piracy.

Anyways nice there a big applause to Big Ant to at least slow down the piracy for cricket games. Will a PS3 controller work by any chance? :spy

How does this even make sense?? :eek::lol
You mean people who chose to play pirated games can't buy controllers and can buy PC?? :facepalm
A XBOX 360 controller costs around 1.5k in India. I don't think eliminating keyboard and mouse play is a bad idea looking at the controls. But somewhere I feel it will encourage piracy.
People can think it is better to buy the gamepad and not buy the game to save their double cost.

Last edited:
This thread is moving to another direction.

Not sure why no one created a piracy thread in this forum. They had one for ashes.

How does this help slow down piracy?

----------

How does this even make sense?? :eek::lol
You mean people who chose to play pirated games can't buy controllers and can buy PC?? :facepalm
A XBOX 360 controller costs around 1.5k in India. I don't think eliminating keyboard and mouse play is a bad idea looking at the controls. But somewhere I feel it will encourage piracy.
People can think it is better to buy the gamepad and not buy the game to save their double cost.

On the nose! Exactly what I'm afraid of right now...

I don't think that the requirement of a controller is a piracy prevention technique. They simply wanted to spend all their efforts on one control mechanism and didn't want to waste time producing an inferior system on the PC.

As a side note, does anyone remember one FIFA copy, I think FIFA 09 or around then. it was just before they put the next gen console version on the PC. They decided to "take advantage of the PC strengths" so you'd use the mouse to play and kick on the pitch where you wanted the ball to go.

...that lasted 1 iteration.

Sports games have always been more fun with controller for me so no worries!. I've already got Logitech F510 and I'd recommend it those who might be looking to buy one for this game!, I've had terrible experience with Xbox 360 controllers, both wired and wireless broke down on me in less than 10 months, wireless lasted for about 7 months before its left analog stick stopped working and wired lasted for merely 3 months before it started malfunctioning, even though I use controllers with just Fifa and yet Xbox controllers still couldn't last for long. I recommend wired controllers but those who love wireless should go for Logitech F710. Been using F510 for almost a year now, it's still in perfect condition, its analog sticks are still as good as new!. Sticks are the most common cause of breakage in controllers.

----------

This will work fine.
Trust me, I've used these before, they don't last for more than a month.

Last edited:
It's just too hard to have precise touch without a controller.

@MattW

Is it true that the triggers control shot power? If that's true and there's no work around then I might have to say good-bye to my trusty (Chinese) game-pad... IT HAS A TURBO BUTTON!!!
plus that xbox controller is dang expensive for its worth! especially with the xbox one coming out a few months later!

1.First thing, the xbox 360 controller is expensive, well for me anyway......
2.Second is the dilemma to buy a 360 controller now or wait for xbox one controller for pc...
3.Well it applies to only those people who have experienced what its like to play with a 360 gamepad.....everything else feels crap then.

4.Any other game in the world I could easily play with any good enough controller, but not cricket 14...

Here's the fun part, technically we will be needing at least two controllers to play wtih our friends at home..

----------

It's just too hard to have precise touch without a controller.

I agree...I acknowledged this fact when I played fifa 13 with a (360) controller, seemed like a different game ...

You don't need a 360 controller - just a controller

Users who are viewing this thread