A controller is REQUIRED to play on PC -XBOX PC Controller recommended

I have both PS2 and PS3. There is a big difference in L2 button of both. The L2 of PS2 might be pressure sensitive but they are not practical as there is no spring kind of thing in the button which keeps a pressure on it like L2 of PS3 or LT of XBOX 360 controller has. Thus it would be taxing on finger if you try to apply different dgrees of pressure on a PS2 controller.

I have both PS2 and PS3. There is a big difference in L2 button of both. The L2 of PS2 might be pressure sensitive but they are not practical as there is no spring kind of thing in the button which keeps a pressure on it like L2 of PS3 or LT of XBOX 360 controller has. Thus it would be taxing on finger if you try to apply different dgrees of pressure on a PS2 controller.

Exactly right. That's why Microsoft rebranded the 360 ones as "Bumper" and "Trigger".

Unless you're Nintendo and in an extreme amount of wisdom decide to make digital only 'triggers' on the Wii U.

Anyone knows if and how we can adjust the pace while bowling???

----------

During Pace bowling how do we adjust the pace to our desire?

Can we have the first post edited with the list of controllers available and working as per the requirement of the game?

This would be controllers other than the xbox 360 one

So if a bowler is bowling at 135 km/hr then we cant increase it too 140 or decrease it at will?Like in other games there used to be a meter for pace? I am not getting it.

Can we have the first post edited with the list of controllers available and working as per the requirement of the game?
There is no official list of supported ones so it would be speculative - equally people have different experiences with the same controller so even a list of ones that work for some people wouldn't be enough.

If you ask me, the following are the only controllers I would 'recommend': Xbox 360 Controller for Windows, Logitech F310, Logitech F510 or Logitech F710.

If you want to try your luck with a $5 thing that looks like a better controller, it might work, but just spend the extra bit of cash on a good product.

So if a bowler is bowling at 135 km/hr then we cant increase it too 140 or decrease it at will?Like in other games there used to be a meter for pace? I am not getting it.
For the love of all things that need a controller! This is a free Beta and is not a reflection of what will be in the final game. You can't increase or decrease it in this free beta.

The fast bowler is 135km/h by the way.

There is no official list of supported ones so it would be speculative - equally people have different experiences with the same controller so even a list of ones that work for some people wouldn't be enough.

If you ask me, the following are the only controllers I would 'recommend': Xbox 360 Controller for Windows, Logitech F310, Logitech F510 or Logitech F710.

If you want to try your luck with a $5 thing that looks like a better controller, it might work, but just spend the extra bit of cash on a good product.

I agree Matt. If this list of a few perfectly working controllers could be updated in the first post maybe it'll help people buying it new. I know saving a few $ is not worth it but my intention was to have the first post more informative

In terms of finding a controller, I highly recommend AGAINST the Razer xbox controller. I had two, and there were two massive problems:

1) The rubber surface on the analogue sticks feels nice but is very poor quality and cannot withstand a lot of pressure, particularly if you press firmly. It wore away very quickly and at that point I got a replacement one under warranty. The replacement wore away too and after that I just gave up.

2) The analogue sticks are a bit clicky. They're definitely not smooth.

Also some people complain about the more pronounced triggers but I actually liked them after getting used to them.

I'll recommend Xbox 360 controllers. If you want cheap then go for the wired one else the wireless is the best. Although the wired one has a very long wire, so you can nicely lie back on your bed far from tv/pc and play.
It is extremely well made and durable. I have 2 of these. Bought one 6 years ago and one about a year ago(for gf who kicks my ass using it in Mortal Kombat 9:noway). Both are working perfectly. Only the rubber on the left analog of the 6 year old controller has worn a little. Thats it. So its a good investment.

Users who are viewing this thread