A Few Questions...

ScottM96

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey All,

Just a few quick questions about the game, as I couldn't seem to find them in the Q and A thread. All are about the PS3 version.

1. Is there Autoplay in the game, if so, can you choose the amount of overs to autoplay, or is it just a "complete innings" option?

2. How many players are there to choose from in the squads? Are we talking Cricket 07 variety, or the dismal Ashes 09 veriety. Are Usman Khawaja and Travis Birt included in the Australian Squad?

3. Is the captain set, like in Ashes 09? Do I have to have Ponting in my team all the time...

4. Are only the Australian and English teams licensed, or are New Zealand and South Africa liscensed as per Cricket 07?

5. Are Sixes ridicolously easy to hit like they were in Ashes 09, or to a lesser extent, Cricket 07?

If somebody could answer my questions, I would be very grateful.

Scott.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
1: Autoplay is for 1 over, innings or whole match only
2:Ashes 09 variety, no they're not in squads
3:Captain set for Eng and Aus, can change for other teams due to not being able to edit licensed teams
4:Only Aus and Eng
5:Not as easy but easier, unlicensed players can be edited to suit personal preference though

Hope that helps

adthomp

International Cricketer
you know somtimes i wish aust and eng were unlicensed then we could edit them

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
It does make you wonder. It would actually be better if the players were all unlicensed. PES and FIFA manage to let you edit licensed players so why can't Codies?

adthomp

International Cricketer
It does make you wonder. It would actually be better if the players were all unlicensed. PES and FIFA manage to let you edit licensed players so why can't Codies?

I think the answer to that is money, they want us to buy the next game they release and not have unlimited editing rights

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
In reply to that last post, i believe if they just made online work in the next game and made no other changes what so ever people would buy it. And they know that too. I would also say that i would prefure all teams to be unlicensed too. They dont all look like they should anyway. Take brett lee for example. As far as i can make out there is going to ba a game around world cup time from codies. And if my memory serves me, didnt they have a full license on BLIC07 for the world cup?!

Watson33

Club Cricketer
In reply to that last post, i believe if they just made online work in the next game and made no other changes what so ever people would buy it. And they know that too. I would also say that i would prefure all teams to be unlicensed too. They dont all look like they should anyway. Take brett lee for example. As far as i can make out there is going to ba a game around world cup time from codies. And if my memory serves me, didnt they have a full license on BLIC07 for the world cup?!

Is that WC game going to be XBOX/PS3 or just PC?

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Is that WC game going to be XBOX/PS3 or just PC?

Well i know its deffo going to be pc to make up for IC2010. But i'll be gutted if its not on console too. If its not, then i guess we'll have to wait till Ic2011 if there is one. but that will just be a patched IC2010 or a patched world cup game!!

Lee1981

International Coach
cant see any game in the near future,

Ic10 sales were very poor, cant see the incentive for codies to make another one, they must have made a big loss on this game.

D

Dutch

cant see any game in the near future,

Ic10 sales were very poor, cant see the incentive for codies to make another one, they must have made a big loss on this game.

Wont the poor sales make them more keen to make a PC version or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Lee1981

International Coach
Yeah maybe there is a chance of a pc version as they missed out last time and they might want to see the profits they may or may not get from such a release, slim chance ,imo

Watson33

Club Cricketer
But Ashes 09 had great success of the backing of a great ashes series. IC2010 had poor sales due to the lack of cricket that was going on at the time, all that was happening was the county cricket season, now big series. With the WC, T20WC and Ashes happening, I think they would be mad to not release a cricket game, as this is the only time in 4 years that the cricket gets any publicity!

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
I hope people start to buy ic2010 more with a good ashes series going on in aus. I still think ic2010 is a good game, its not a great game sure but its getting closer to what i want in someways. I think one area that could be fixed easy is the lb problem, when the ball hits the leg or body its like the ball is in sand and stops very fast. If they improve that and give the referrals in test matches next time then test fans like us would love it. So a edge of the body goes to the wk and you are giving out but if you have one of your 2 referrals left then you can overturn it. I think its a easy thing to fix in the next game. God i hope there is a next game because at the moment i dont thing bigants game will be a sim in the end. Still i would love to see a xmas screen shot soon guys.:D:spy

Users who are viewing this thread