A question for all English Fans

Who would you trust?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

karnog

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
When it comes to winning games and pressure situations who do you trust to get the runs. Is it Pietersen, Bell, Collingwood, Cook, Bopara, etc. etc. For example: yesterday England were all out for 81. The next innings has come, which batsman do you think will provide the fightback England need? As a non-English fan if there is any batsman i'd like to see the back off its either Bell and Collingwood.

Bopara should've never gotten selected over Shah. Shah hit a superb ODI century not long ago and made runs in his Test Debut which was on Subcontient soil. Bopara never struck me as someone who was ready for Test Cricket and IMO was rushed into debut even after doing nothing really special in the first place. He has had his moments, but I don't think is consistant or mature enough for Test Cricket yet.

Kevin Pietersen's been unlucky aswell, had the Sri Lanka's star batsman had the luck his had then they'd probably be in the position England is in now and I think the likes of Cook, Bell & Collingwood would've played allot better aswell with the strong support of Pietersen in form.

Well, Colly is our man for a crisis. He's the man I want in if we are in need of a heroic performance.

if you want someone to get runs in a second innings of a test match, dont go for Bell, he can be wonderful in the first innings, he averages around 60 i think, but only around 25 in the second innings! id go for collywobbler, hes at his back is against the wall and he has to grind a score out

Collingwood, by a long way. He was the only batsman to offer any resistance in the 81 all out, he gets us out of trouble an awful lot of the time.

At Chester-le-Street against the West Indies for example. We were in a bit of trouble and he got a hundred. His two innings in the Commonwealth Bank Series finals won it for us too.

Out of all those names only Collingwood stands out. I wouldn't hold my breath for him either to be honest.

Normally KP plays well when we are under pressure, But on this tour he has had some shocking decisions go against him and the Sri Lankans have had some crazy decisions go their way, Im not going to use this as an excuse because we have been lack luster in all parts of our game but this has contributed to the whole factor of our poor performance.

Colly always produces when we need him, An excellent player!!

There all a bunch of passionless twats who I'd never ever trust and couldn't give a damn about the England cricket side. They all suck.

Yeah I agree with everyone about Collingwood but I expect with this batting side that they should all made some sort of contribution unlike what we've seen in Sri Lanka.

Colly or KP. Honestly the only threats in the English lineup. I have no clue what Prior and Bopara are doing in there though. Bopara is a good ODI batsman, but not test quality. And Prior is just terrible. Sure, hundred on debut, etc, but he can't keep and can't score under pressure.

How did he make about 80 in the first innings of the 2nd test after coming in when England were around 220-5?
Or even better, how did he make 63 in the first test after coming in at 138-6?

As most people have already said, Collingwood is our finisher usually. Bell has been doing a pretty decent job recently too. The one person I don't trust to get us runs when we really need them is Pietersen - too agressive and starting to believe his own hype. Still when he is in form he's one hell of a batsman.

There all a bunch of passionless twats who I'd never ever trust and couldn't give a damn about the England cricket side. They all suck.

You really are over reacting to one diabolical performance. The truth is, they don't all suck, and there have been a lot of reasons given for why that is so.

Vaughan, Bell, Pietersen, Collingwood, Hoggard and Harmison all had some part in the Ashes win and also played in this Test. There was tremendous amounts of passion in that victory.

Users who are viewing this thread