A question for all English Fans

Who would you trust?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Colly or KP. Honestly the only threats in the English lineup. I have no clue what Prior and Bopara are doing in there though. Bopara is a good ODI batsman, but not test quality. And Prior is just terrible. Sure, hundred on debut, etc, but he can't keep and can't score under pressure.

His keeping is poor, but I thought he kept okay in the 1st match. The 2nd statement is wrong though, he was under immense pressure and scored 2 half centuries at the beginning of the series. He'll always find it tough due to the Stewart factor, just like Australia's next keeper will struggle due to the Gilchrist factor.

You really are over reacting to one diabolical performance. The truth is, they don't all suck, and there have been a lot of reasons given for why that is so.

Vaughan, Bell, Pietersen, Collingwood, Hoggard and Harmison all had some part in the Ashes win and also played in this Test. There was tremendous amounts of passion in that victory.

I'm not saying England are crap, but i think you just summed it up.

Yes, during 2005 there WAS a tremendous amount of passion, but since then it's like they can't put up a fight anymore. If you look at the Ashes ('05) Australia never scored 400 in an innings. That's because as soon as we were in trouble someone would stick their hands up and do the job for our country.

Who can say they do that anymore?

Yeah, we have decent bowlers don't get me wrong, but none of them seem to want to stand up and be counted for when it starts to get a little tough. We had no hope as soon as we let Troy Cooley walk out the door.

On topic - Collingwood is our best batsman as soon as it gets tough, you need to look no further than his double hundred against Australia last year.

I don't think you can ever say that Monty never gives 110% for England. Although he might not always get wickets he definetly tries hard

The bowlers have a lot of passion,determination and work hard but a real lack of talent whilst the batsmen seem to be the opposite Colly aside.

The only time England looks competitive is when Freddie is around. They just dont seem to perform when hes not around. Happened when India were in England. With Flintoff in side they were completely diffrent opponents.

Monty is just simply going through the phase we all knew would happen. He's hit the scene with an incredible start and now players know about him, they can work against playing him etc. He's also bowling in the sub continent, it's a very steep learning curve, but hopefully one which will be valuable.

In short, we in general underestimated playing in the sub continent, the amount of people on these boards who thought we'd roll Sri Lanka over just because we looked a better side on paper was ridiculous.

I'd trust Collingwood slightly, the others I think are shocking.

I hate watching england bat, more than any other test playing nation. They just aren't very classy at all. Vaughan is the only pleasing player for me to watch, and he barely ever scores runs. Collingwood can guts it out well, Pieterson is obviously a really good player and I just can't stand Cook..

Colly always looks like he wants to get the job done and he is a terrific choice to captain the team.

If we are moving onto the worst Test country to watch bat, obviously the big one is Bangladesh who just can't build an innings. Of the major ones though, I would honestly say South Africa. That's not because you are South African either.

Smith has an ugly technique, the rest are uninspiring, Kallis blocks too much, Amla is a hoofer.

I love watching Cook build an innings, Pietersen's flamboyant shots and the techniques of Vaughan, Bell and Collingwood.

If we are moving onto the worst Test country to watch bat, obviously the big one is Bangladesh who just can't build an innings. Of the major ones though, I would honestly say South Africa. That's not because you are South African either.

Smith has an ugly technique, the rest are uninspiring, Kallis blocks too much, Amla is a hoofer.

I love watching Cook build an innings, Pietersen's flamboyant shots and the techniques of Vaughan, Bell and Collingwood.

Vaughan's Cover Drive. :hpraise

Second to none (dont know if thats the right phrase meant to be the best)

In ODIs i reckon Bell is the man. But in tests its Collingwood. Great batsman and an awesome fielder if i ever saw one. Bell is frustrating in ODIs. He makes elegant fifties and sixties but cannot convert it. Pieterson is England's poster boy.

Users who are viewing this thread