A Very Old Cricket Simulator!

Sriram

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hello everyone,
I post after a very very long time. I am the developer of Total Cricket and a couple of editors of the original BLC. I found an old OD and 4 day league simulator I had developed 10 years back and thought would share it with everyone here, since this seems to be one of the most active forums of Cricket Leagues.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BynZAvwsB6h6a3pONml5VkYtRms/edit

Now, there will most definitely be issues with running this in Windows 7 (specially 64 bit versions) you will need to download dlls of the net copy them in system32 or sysWOW64 and register them before you can run this simulator.

The link to one of the dlls is here :
Missing Comdlg32.ocx error while running an application?

Please note that this is some very very very old work. The software is provided as is and I cannot make any changes to it. I cannot provide any proper support but with the dlls copied in the right places and registered this will work with all versions of windows.

Anyone who gets it to work could possibly post steps and guide others if there is interest.

Hope it is useful to someone.
Sriram

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Hi Sriram, good to have you here. Which BLC editors did you work on? You might recognise some people like Zimrahil still around from BLC days...

Sriram

School Cricketer
Zimrahil stilll there!! :wave

barmyarmy -
I made a field editor and a stroke ed for the original BLC. I think I also made an ed for Cricket Coach (which was called Cricket Manager back then).
I used to actively participate in a cricket league and played every single cricket game that released. Life then took over!! :yes
Heres hoping I can come back and contribute to this community.

BTW, My old id from 2002 was Sriram. The email address I had given then has stopped service. Any chance I could have that id back?

Sriram

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member
Here's the simplest way of installing that control. Simply execute 'install.exe' and hit 'Register Control'. It works for both 64 and 32 bit systems. Try and tell if you experience any problems.

Attachments

• Install Control.zip
    63.2 KB · Views: 26

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I downloaded that 'Comdlg32.ocx' and registered it but I still get this error while trying to run the simulator :-

rterror.png

Sriram

School Cricketer
In the google docs link, click on file >> download and download the entire zip file.

Unzip the whole zip so that you have the exes and a directory called data with some text files in there. The error could come if the data directory and the text files are not found by the exe.

Do let me know if this works for you.

Sriram

Users who are viewing this thread