Story Abhishek's Passion To Achieve His Dream

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I like this start. I mean I've seen many career diaries failing as the writers can't get past the usual domestic stuff. This goes directly as you're playing for India now.

Good luck for the tour, you will need it in those conditions. :thumbs

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Are the selectors fools to select an unknown untested player for an important series? They could've gone for Rahane, Mukund, Vijay, Karthick.
Every player is unknown and untested unless you give him an opportunity. And Mukund and Vijay weren't selected due to zonal quota. Rahane got ignored as always. ;)

And Great India said the right thing, if I wasn't selected then the story is over. :p

Let you imagine that he had the orange cap in IPL and played well in Ranji ....
He said the reason already , Let us read the story from here guys ...

@Yudi - Good update by you

I have played just two IPL matches, but haven't been bad at the FC level. :)
And thanks for the compliment.

He could play domestic and then eventually get called up. That would've been more realistic IMO. BTW good write-up so far.
@ Yudi, are you using a game for this story?
Please read the first post mate. I played a lot of domestic cricket (the stats prove that), but just don't wish to post updates of them as I don't have much knowledge about domestic cricket in India.
No, I am not using any sim for this story.

@Abhishek: No way! It'll be way tooo difficult for you, to handle Sehwag at other end
So true. I hope I'm not depressed when I see the scorecard reading, "India 300/0, Sehwag 275*, Sharma 25*" :p

I like this start. I mean I've seen many career diaries failing as the writers can't get past the usual domestic stuff. This goes directly as you're playing for India now.

Good luck for the tour, you will need it in those conditions.
Lack of knowledge about domestic cricket often bores the writer as well as the readers. This will hopefully be a little more interesting.

The Rock

County Cricketer
Nice start there. Career diaries are always good to read and I hope this one goes a long way as well. GL!:thumbs

Zaxotes

National Board President
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Good write-up! :thumbs But basic and common story line... Hope to see some masala in! :p

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
My first meeting with the stars​

sachinchristchurch_big.jpg

Get his autograph!

The day finally arrived when the players had to leave for England. I was nervous, as it was going to be my first meeting with Sehwag. Never did I meet him during the IPL, nor during the domestic matches. All of my friends left messages to me on WhatsApp, asking to get an autograph of Sachin Tendulkar. All those messages distracted me as I was pretty excited to see Viru and my friends were going crazy for Sachin.

Nonetheless, all the players finally arrived at the Delhi airport. I met Viru, couldn't speak much to him at that moment. All I said was, "I am a big fan of you, sir. You are my idol." He was glad to hear that and asked me to sit besides him during the journey to know more about me, my life and my cricket. It also was important for both of us to understand each other well as we had to open the innings together for the team in this series.

We chatted for around 2 hours. The journey was pretty pleasing. Sehwag was very kind, so were senior players Sachin, Dravid, Laxman and Zaheer.

Yuvraj was jovial as always, and as we both knew each other since IPL, he constantly joked by saying, "Saale teri jagah toh pakki bhi ho gayi, mein toh abhi bhi line mein hi hun!", which means, "You have already become a certainty for the playing XI, I am still waiting for my turn." I didn't know how to react to this but to smile each time.

-------

We've finally reached England. The flight landed on 20:30 local time. All of us went to the hotel, got fresh, had dinner, discussed a bit about the tour and were off to sleep. There is an early morning practice session scheduled for tomorrow. It's not going to be easy to get up that early after an air journey of 10 odd hours. Hopefully I'll be impressive in the nets.

RPHKR

National Board President
Good writeup , But you're lucky to get selected to an Important tour ! ........
I think injuries in future will make you into the playing XI :p

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yuvraj is a liar.:spy

And I think RPHKR meant into the team squad.

6ry4nj

International Coach
Yuvraj needs to be careful not to become bitter and twisted about being bypassed. But if he still does not acknowledge that he is not Test quality, then frankly he's heaping more bitter disappointment on himself.

From what I've read so far, it appears that Abhishek is all but already in the playing XI, opening with Viru. And that was long before Yuvi 'predicted' it.

Users who are viewing this thread