Abu Dhabi willing to host Indo-Pak

Yogy

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The Abu Dhabi Cricket Club are willing to host the Test series between Pakistan and India if the scheduled tour is scrapped.

There have been growing security concerns about India's tour in Januray after a recent blast in Pakistan

India's tour is believed to be in jeopardy after the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) earlier this week refused to grant permission to a junior hockey team to travel to Pakistan due to worries over security.

India are scheduled to play a full series comprising three Test matches and five One-day Internationals in Pakistan in January and February, but the Board of Control for Cricket in India have stated they would take advice from the MEA over whether the tour can go ahead.

Pakistan have not played a Test match this year after Australia postponed a scheduled tour in April, while the Champions Trophy was also delayed.

With the team refusing to tour, Pakistan have been forced to look at neutral venues as an alternative and the Abu Dhabi Cricket Club are prepared to come to their aid.

"We are available at short notice and we have informed Pakistan that it will be at no cost to them," Abu Dhabi Cricket Club president Dilawar Mani told Gulf News.

"It is premature to talk about this, but should such a situation arise, we are willing to do what Pakistan and India want."

Mani said the second edition of the Champions League Twenty20 competition could also be held in Abu Dhabi.

"I spoke in general terms to Lalit Modi (chairman of the Champions League), but it is for the general council of the Champions League to take a decision," he added.

"We are willing to host the Champions League. Abu Dhabi is in a good time-line, which makes it a good venue and will suit India, Australia and South Africa in terms of telecast timings. We are hopeful but will have to wait."

Source:Espnstar(.)com

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
It would be better for world cricket and India - Pakistan cricketing ties that the tours just gets cancelled. Hell its about time we stopped playing against each other. A meeting in World Cup 2011 would mean something if we meet after 3 years gap.

We have not played against Kiwis for I dont know how long. Same goes for Windies.

Yogy

Club Cricketer
We played Windies in 2006. Remember Jaffer scoring a Double Century. I dont know about NZ.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
We actually won the test series in West indies 1-0 in 4 matches, in 2006. But still the loss of ODIs made us feel like, we lost to the entire tour.

Yogy

Club Cricketer
Yes, WI should tour India. Also Bangladesh has never toured India.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
WI will be more interesting though. No offence to Bangladesh.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
ABU DHABI TO HOST TEST MATCHES!! Whooo!!!
I'm 100% for this! Come here!!

I was at one of the Indo - Pak ODIs in that ground, atmosphere was brill. I would LOVE to be there the whole day of a test match. Absolutely LOVE it.

COME HERE!!! Whooo! :happy

And I never use that stupid smiley, so you know I'm serious!

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Isn't Abu Dhabi quite far from Dubai?

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Prefer to play in Pakistan? Why? -- Only logical to play in a safer environment.

Users who are viewing this thread