AC09 Patch open beta 1 released - download it here

Here is a video of Stuart Broad saying to Brendon McCullum: No Brendon, no, no not today mate!:) (Sorry about the stuttering!)

YouTube - Movie

Man, that is bloody realistic. Big, heavy swing at the ball (surprisingly nice looking shot from McCullum there) and totally losing his off stump.

So sad that the uproots aren't there any more. How fun was 2005 BLIC when you could absolutely tear the stumps out of the ground. The noise was fantastic.

I've just come across an extraordinary bug in a test match against the West Indies at Trinidad & Tobago. Bowling with Swann, Devon Smith lofts me for four straight down the ground. Next thing I know, the ball is running down the middle of the pitch, hitting the stumps at the strikers end and Smith is out, bowled. Typically I didn't have Fraps running. :sarcasm

lol.. looks like you have a lot of lag even when playing offline. :p

no i have copied the crack from cd which is actually an iso file downloaded from some forum and mounted it using Dameon tools but it says error wrong dvd inserted before copying crack folder from iso rom but after copying crack it runs bu helds on startup screen . but if u apply crack with apllying the patch it runs fine?is there any solution of this problem?

WHAAAT !!! I'm away for one day & we have Pirates taking over this ship !!!

So guys has anyone try to pack the off flield with all the team as in the pre beta. Most people could get the ai out for around 100 to 150 all the time. I hope this has been fixed. Also can people please stop wanting things that will not happen. If you want some new things then in the future someone at planet cricket will start a wish list for ashes 2011. PS is beta part 2 only for online or will there be any little fixes too. Anyway of to play ashes some more, so thinks again to transmission and codemasters for listen to all cricket fans.

So guys has anyone try to pack the off flield with all the team as in the pre beta. Most people could get the ai out for around 100 to 150 all the time. I hope this has been fixed. Also can people please stop wanting things that will not happen. If you want some new things then in the future someone at planet cricket will start a wish list for ashes 2011. PS is beta part 2 only for online or will there be any little fixes too. Anyway of to play ashes some more, so thinks again to transmission and codemasters for listen to all cricket fans.

I would just recommend not doing that. The AI probably isn't clever enough to avoid these pitfalls, so the simple answer is to not use these exploits.

Yeah i know guys, i just got sick of the ai hitting me. So for a few days i put off side flields and got lots and lots of wickets but got bored of it very fast. Anyway back to no patched ashes for now. But if transmission need a little more time to do the perfect patch then sometime in nov would be great.

I dont have the game on my pc, my pc is to slow so i have the game on ps3. I have a xbox 360 to but if i got it on xbox then maybe i would see the red lights again, so no way. It runs great on ps3 guys if no one has played it on it, fast loading. I just need the patch to fix the stuff everyone knows about. Now time to sleep or my girlfriend will kill me for staying up so late again, its 4.30am in aus. Later from downunder.

EDIT I get it, you never said you did. Good post about everyone asking for things that won't happen by the way.

I've completed the second test, here's the summary.

2ndtest.png

I'm a little concerned the AI keeps getting out for fairly low totals now my bowling is more accurate. They play securely enough for a little while and then just get out. Maybe custom fields (and changing the delivery from the original choice) had something to do with it in the first innings. However, in the second innings I stuck to the field placings that come with the game. For the first four or five wickets I changed the delivery type a fair bit, but for the remaining wickets (when I remembered...) I didn't change the type of delivery whilst running in.

There were a couple of run outs in that innings as well, including Ponting. The run outs were tight, but were a little silly. I reckon the size of the Lord's outfield (and perhaps the English grounds in general) is perhaps causing confusion for the AI. If the ball went deep into the outfield the AI would run the first two normally, but they then stopped, then started the third when the fielder had the ball in his hands, resulting in a lot of extremely tight decisions.

More testing is required but I still maintain this is the most fun I've had in any cricket game. :)

Users who are viewing this thread