AC09 Patch open beta 1 released - download it here

Oh and i forgot to ask. In the pre-patched version even the extras (wides and no balls) were added to the total balls faced by the batsmen. I think this is a bug cuz in real life these balls are not added to the balls faced by the batsman rather they're counted as total extras. Is it fixed in the patch?

Hope this is what you asked for

Thank You, Now that you have managed to patch the game. Do not replace the patched EXE with the cracked EXE , or the game will hang midway.

Kabooka added 2 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

Oh and i forgot to ask. In the pre-patched version even the extras (wides and no balls) were added to the total balls faced by the batsmen. I think this is a bug cuz in real life these balls are not added to the balls faced by the batsman rather they're counted as total extras. Is it fixed in the patch?

Yes I've noticed this bug too. I haven't played much with the patch, but i feel that this bug has not been addressed yet. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It is a bit offputting seeing the Saffers and Aussies fumbling the ball like clowns, hope they at least improve the stats a bit more.

Since I cant play the beta patch w/ my gamesplanet version, I decd to give the original game a fresh try (been a while). Apart from the infamous run-out bug, which has been fixed in the beta afaict, I noticed the following AI issues when playing some ODI's/T-20s (playing on "Hard"):

1. When the AI batsman was completely beaten (e.g. taken a big heave and missed), the confidence didn't drop and the batsman continued to play with the same swagger.
2. When the AI was chasing a big total and the req RR was high, if the AI lost a wicket, the new batsman coming in would try to smash the ball around immediately. No settling in, even the slightest.
3. The AI didn't exploit gaps in the field as well as it could. Also, no quick singles in the in-field. No drop and run.
4. When batting with the tail, the top order AI batsman didn't try and preserve the strike -- e.g., try and take 2's, or a run off the last ball
5. The AI batsman didn't exploit the powerplay -- i.e. did not accelerate the RR or try more lofted shots in spite of the fielding restrictions. In fact, I managed to bowl my first maiden over of the innings during the powerplay.
6. When bowling, I didn't see the AI swing the ball or switch the ball direction the last sec a great deal. AI bowling really should be more varied/unpredictable
7. The AI would always use the same set of bowlers, no matter how badly one of them got hammered earlier in the game. This of course is really silly and takes away any realism.

How many of these have been fixed in the beta?

Last edited:
A very weird dismissal of Strauss. bet Warne would've proud to get a wicket like that! :p
[youtube]
[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
A very weird dismissal of Strauss. bet Warne would've proud to get a wicket like that! :p
[youtube]
[/youtube]

Nice! How are you getting along with freezing in the game? Do you come across it? I am having quite a few problems to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:

A no ball does not count as one of the six balls in an over, but it does count as a ball faced by the batsman,(in real cricket,real life):D only wides could not be counted,

Have you actually noticed the delivery loop more?

yes, the ball loops up beautfully and curls in the air, deliveries warney would have been proud of!

Gazza_11 added 1 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

does anyone else reckon the game lacks a cut shot?

yes, the ball loops up beautfully and curls in the air, deliveries warney would have been proud of!

Gazza_11 added 1 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

does anyone else reckon the game lacks a cut shot?

no. i cut all the time. shot and not leg side enough. i pound it through gully instead.

Users who are viewing this thread