AC09 Patch open beta 1 released - download it here

Nice! How are you getting along with freezing in the game? Do you come across it? I am having quite a few problems to be honest.
Have'nt come across any freezing due to the patch.. however I have to abandon a test mtach against England because there was some problem with Onions and the game would'nt continue when he came to bat/bowl. Other players work fine.. so it might have to do with the roster patch.

Nice! How are you getting along with freezing in the game? Do you come across it? I am having quite a few problems to be honest.

I had the game freeze on me once. It was right of at the toss, I was using the new Roster as well.

"when trying to install, it says that cricket installed is not correct version, pls help"

"when trying to install, it says that cricket installed is not correct version, pls help"

If you purchased it online, you have to wait for the official patch. Betas will not work.

But if you have pirated the game, sod you!! It will never work and you gotto purchase a new copy.

Oh and i forgot to ask. In the pre-patched version even the extras (wides and no balls) were added to the total balls faced by the batsmen. I think this is a bug cuz in real life these balls are not added to the balls faced by the batsman rather they're counted as total extras. Is it fixed in the patch?
Thankfully I'm still able to play the "proper" game as well

radiator1943 added 1 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Men will be always kids at heart good on yer mate :clap
i am an old one but you win by a long way :hpraise
Thankfully I'm still able to play the "proper" game as well

Today i played a one-day match against pakistan...
I had three run-outs in a single innings itself!!!
I will post the videos in a while...

I've managed to complete two five over games with this new patch, 9/10 times it crashes as the team batting first walks off the field.

Speaking of rosters, it's necessary to start a new tournament to get them to work, isn't it: they won't work with saved games, surely?

Yeah, saved game information is saved in a different file so you will need to start a new game before those entries are written to it.

I Have to admit by the sounds of feedback this patch is great, being on xbox 360 i have not experienced it yet. :(

I have read many peoples feedbacks on this beta and well the only obvious issue now which remains is possibly the difficulty when batting, which is well it being to easy to bat. Bowling is all good, but if the batting is to easy then whats the point in the bowling cause youll still win test matches ect waaaay to easy, But as colin said the lofted shots being overpowered is being adressed come final release of the patch for deffinate.

There is one issue im worried about and just want to make sure even know many people have mentioned that all versions will be the same. Im on xbox 360 and well i have a doubt in the back of my mind that maybe the patches will be different but i hope not. Everything thats being said about the beta now needs to be taken into account for the final patch and then this patch needs to be made for pc and 360 and identical with the points made about the beta being carried on over to the 360 patch also.

I think its me being paranoid more than anything. :)

If you didnt completey understand what i said then ill put it in another sentence as im pretty darn stupid when trying to get a point across.

Basically im worried that the xbox 360 patch will be what the beta patch is now.

Last edited:
My experience is if you try to even play attacking shots along the ground when you first get in, you have a good chance of getting out. Best to play yourself in, to be sure. The AI however, still has a habit of hitting out as soon as they arrive - they're still way too aggressive when they get to 'fearless'.

well, hope they sort it out in the next beta. What about when the AI is bowling in an ODI/T-20 and the bowling order is fixed. It's really strange when one of the AI bowlers gets whacked for 30 runs in his first two overs and is brought back for the third over. I even modified the AI team by selecting 6 good bowlers but it stuck with the fixed 5 and never changed things around. Also, do the AI bowlers change the ball position/type at the last moment to make batting more challenging?

Users who are viewing this thread