AC09 Patch open beta 1 released - download it here

played the beta and have to say its a marked improvement! just a couple of things tho :

1) Harmison ratings so low? 78? he's one of Englands best bowlers and should be high 80's rating, Anderson in turn isnt Englands best bowler, should be in terms of rating (highest to lowest) Flintoff, Harmison, Anderson, Broad. The Spinners Panesar and Swann I probably agree with. Also Harmison is bowling too slow, he's high 80's to early 90's like Flintoff, he's definitely Right Arm Fast, not Right Arm Fast/Medium.

2) Would be great to have a 'behind the bowler' replay camera angle instead of just the behind stumps one (when more often than not the WK blocks the view) and that slight averted long distance one.

3) havent been playing it long enough yet but has rain breaks been included this time around?

4) Minor qualm, in the Ashes and any home England test the visitors always get to call the toss, not the home side (England)

I'll report back with any other findings but overall its a giant stride in the right direction, the game is alot more fun to play, well done TM/CM :)

oh there was a number 5 point to my last post:

5) I was bowling spin and an edge went to the keeper, my reactions not being what they once were meant i stopped it on amber and the keeper spilled it and it bobbled up into the air at a decent "2nd chance catch" I had a 1st slip in and although it bobbled up right next to him just over head height and within arms reach he just stood there and let it go down, any chance of a "2nd bite of the cherry" chance to catch these bobble ups? asi doubt you'd see any fielder in real life just let the ball go down! lol

Cheers again and good job :)

Has there been any catches close to the bat off a spinnner since the patch
had Ponting caught at short leg for 8 off Panesar earlier, I did a lap of honour round the house HUGE wicket lol

then then had clarke dropped off the keeper for 0 off Panesar again and now he's on 20 odd (D'oh!)

Well, I have not faced/bowled enough spinners but anyone who has.. cna you please conform whether there are bat-pad catches or not?

played the beta and have to say its a marked improvement! just a couple of things tho :

1) Harmison ratings so low? 78? he's one of Englands best bowlers and should be high 80's rating, Anderson in turn isnt Englands best bowler, should be in terms of rating (highest to lowest) Flintoff, Harmison, Anderson, Broad. The Spinners Panesar and Swann I probably agree with. Also Harmison is bowling too slow, he's high 80's to early 90's like Flintoff, he's definitely Right Arm Fast, not Right Arm Fast/Medium.
Stevey H is RFM, cricinfo is your friend here. Also that's just your opinion, I think he's absolutely terrible at international level and shouldn't be so near Lee or Siddle. Agree on the speed.

2) Would be great to have a 'behind the bowler' replay camera angle instead of just the behind stumps one (when more often than not the WK blocks the view) and that slight averted long distance one.
Agreed, the replays are pretty dire

3) havent been playing it long enough yet but has rain breaks been included this time around?
Don't know

4) Minor qualm, in the Ashes and any home England test the visitors always get to call the toss, not the home side (England)

I'll report back with any other findings but overall its a giant stride in the right direction, the game is alot more fun to play, well done TM/CM :)

Good feedback :thumbs

Oh, they must must they? :p
This beta already fixes enough for it to be released in its current state. Anything else TMG do is a bonus.

Agreed, they've done a great job with the beta.

Could you tell me what he changed to get the big cursor?

Also are they going to address the issues we have found before PS3 release?
From the sound of it they MUST fix.

1. Bad shots going for 6.
2. Wide AI bowling
3. Spinners spinning it too far

What, you never heard of a mistimed shot coming off the top edge and going for six? :p

Much appreciated!... Iv got my October sorted! Fifa on the 1st untill the patch arrives! Happy days!

That'll be Fifa 10 console version? I'm getting PES 10 PC, because Fifa 10 PC is garbage.

Just had the most amazing T20 which came down to the final ball. Playing as NZ against Kenya (I know, I suck on hard), I kept up with the R/R of 8 rpo but kept losing wickets. It came down to 32 from 30 with 1 wicket in hand. At 18 from 18 I was blocking out the yorkers and hoping for some width. With some suicidal running and poor fielding got it to 10 from the final over and then 2 from the final ball. Outside off; slammed through the covers for 4 - cue mayhem.
Wow.

A last ball Twenty/20! I second your 'wow'!

Stop it your killing me! im desperate to play! is it my eyes or does the red ball look more shiney???

The ball looks the same to me.

Have the "soft" edges been completely eliminated? I mean the edges where the ball simply dies and does not even roll to the slips or keeper.

What percentage of edges go for 4 now? Pre-patch my experience has been less than 5% which is very unrealistic.

I haven't seen any edges roll along the ground. One amazing top edge went for four though and there have been plenty of runs behind the wicket.

hello, I would like to know if the wide offside pitched ball still can be hit on the legside

will there be a wii patch? if so i beg that they add it to the wii version b4 releasing itin aus, even if it means an added price..

Gazza_11 added 1 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

i think stevies game proves that the game is unrealistic, cook making a ton against aus? :P yes i kknow he got 95....

Can you still clean bowl them by bowling left arm round, or right arm over and use an incutter or swinger and they play the cut shot to the full ball.

However this patch is sounding great and so realistic, however the easy boundries and huge spin is a little BLIC07esque which is a worry

I have been extrememly impressed with the results of the patch so far. Swing bowling is actually doing something for me and spinners aren't the perennial whipping boys anymore!

I have begun playing the Ashes series and have England 5/202. The middle order batted sensibly (except Pietersen, he's on 126* from 117 balls) and I have seen Siddle beat the edge with seam bowling and I got Collingwood and Strauss LBW with inswinging yorkers from Johnson.

Can't wait for the final release of the patch!

Users who are viewing this thread