AC09 Patch open beta 1 released - download it here

Here is a video of the 11th of the second test. Just showing off the improved bowling lengths and me running out of talent outside off stump. :p

11th over video

If you can't see the video, let me know and I'll put it on YouTube, it's just much easier for me to put it into my racing leagues' ftp. ;)

Why didn't you try to pull/hook? Not many guys (in RL) play a bouncer on the off-side.

Hi guys and girls, it all sounds great so far and i wish i could play the patch myself but im on ps3 so no good for now. Just a couple of question dudes, how many no balls do the ai bowl in about 50 overs of a test match. before i think it was around 25 to 30, so has it got better or the same. If they can get in down under 10 then that would be great. Second question, when the patch is out for the ps3 next month how will we get hold of it, by computer or ps online. Ps also i know this patch means a lot to us cricket lovers but i hope after october when the game is great like it should have been, that we all leave transmission alone, so they can work real hard and give us a ashes 2011 that makes ashes 2009 average. If we ask to much of there time, then maybe next years game will only be a little better. Anyway of to play the game now, so enjoy the patch you lucky guys. Thank you transmission for all of your hard work.

Hi guys and girls, it all sounds great so far and i wish i could play the patch myself but im on ps3 so no good for now. Just a couple of question dudes, how many no balls do the ai bowl in about 50 overs of a test match. before i think it was around 25 to 30, so has it got better or the same. If they can get in down under 10 then that would be great. Second question, when the patch is out for the ps3 next month how will we get hold of it, by computer or ps online. Ps also i know this patch means a lot to us cricket lovers but i hope after october when the game is great like it should have been, that we all leave transmission alone, so they can work real hard and give us a ashes 2011 that makes ashes 2009 average. If we ask to much of there time, then maybe next years game will only be a little better. Anyway of to play the game now, so enjoy the patch you lucky guys. Thank you transmission for all of your hard work.

Good post and I agree. I think the next Ashes game will have the same core gameplay (because it's now a superb foundation) with some tweaks, of course, but it will have a massive amount of polish - you know, fancy camera angles for replays, better graphics/sound hopefully and a damn sight more content.

Just had the most amazing T20 which came down to the final ball. Playing as NZ against Kenya (I know, I suck on hard), I kept up with the R/R of 8 rpo but kept losing wickets. It came down to 32 from 30 with 1 wicket in hand. At 18 from 18 I was blocking out the yorkers and hoping for some width. With some suicidal running and poor fielding got it to 10 from the final over and then 2 from the final ball. Outside off; slammed through the covers for 4 - cue mayhem.
Wow.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-09-22 20-00-44-72.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-22 20-00-44-72.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Cricket2009 2009-09-22 20-00-49-55.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-22 20-00-49-55.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 31
Just had the most amazing T20 which came down to the final ball. Playing as NZ against Kenya (I know, I suck on hard), I kept up with the R/R of 8 rpo but kept losing wickets. It came down to 32 from 30 with 1 wicket in hand. At 18 from 18 I was blocking out the yorkers and hoping for some width. With some suicidal running and poor fielding got it to 10 from the final over and then 2 from the final ball. Outside off; slammed through the covers for 4 - cue mayhem.
Wow.

Stop it your killing me! im desperate to play! is it my eyes or does the red ball look more shiney???

Wow.

How are you finding the AI keeping up with the run-rate?

I mean if you bat first and AI has to chase down the target.

I haven't played enough shorter games yet to see and am in the midst of an ODI competition. It would be amazing if the AI is able to pull off what you pulled off with the Kiwi's! (Too much pulling off there maybe!:))

How are you finding the AI keeping up with the run-rate?

I mean if you bat first and AI has to chase down the target.

I haven't played enough shorter games yet to see and am in the midst of an ODI competition. It would be amazing if the AI is able to pull off what you pulled off with the Kiwi's! (Too much pulling off there maybe!:))

I usually prefer to bowl first so I'm not sure.
There are some issues though; risk/reward makes you play lofted rather than attacking strokes.

This is not a good thing Transmissions did by not letting the online bought games use the patch. I really want to try out this patch and it sounds really good after reading some comments. It sucks that it won't install on mine. And NO, its not pirated version. I bought it from Steam.I hope the final version is compatible with my game.

Arrrgghhhh someone help me, reading how everyone is enjoying the game now is making it worse!
T20 night games are now superb and runs even smoother with the patch. But if i try to play ANYTHING with the daytime settings i get about 4 FPS and thats if i'm lucky. It's so annoying as i know my system will run it as in night games but the patch has done nothing to increase framerates for daytime matches..

Hey guys..I know I'm not a frequent poster here but I regularly check the forums. I have AC09 on ps3 so i have no access to this patch yet. The pre-patched version was rather disappointing for me as batting was really easy and AI batsmen were super-aggressive hence lost wickets which made the game rather annoying.

Okay so i have one question: In the pre-patched version of the game it was merely impossible for me to miss a ball while batting i.e. i could not get any play and misses at all..either it was good or perfectly timed or the occasion invisible edge. So, I wanned to ask whether you encounter a situation, in the patched version, where you get a cracker of a ball especially from a quicky and it leaves you dumbfounded and play and miss it (pass the edge)?

Last edited:
This is not a good thing Transmissions did by not letting the online bought games use the patch. I really want to try out this patch and it sounds really good after reading some comments. It sucks that it won't install on mine. And NO, its not pirated version. I bought it from Steam.I hope the final version is compatible with my game.

Its not Transmission's fault. Codies handle online bought games.

I think you're just going to have to get over it, the full patch should be compatible and should also be out soon enough. I have the game on 360 and probably paid a fair bit more than you and I won't get the patch for more than a month.

Users who are viewing this thread