AC09 Patch open beta 1 released - download it here

Thing is I had just installed the game for the first time....and now the patch wont extract further. I restarted first as well, thought the registry or whatever would need a restart to get everything sorted before i do the patch, but now its giving me this :(

I think he lowered the batsmen stats so that the bowler could pitch the ball basically anywhere within that circle. How better the batsmen is how more precisely he can "judge" where the ball comes, hence the variations in cursor size. At least I think that's what he has done but then again I am sometimes a complete lemon meringue pie!:)

MMMMMM Lemon Meringue, my favourite ( literally)

Last edited:
Alright Im getting a bit peeved with this patch at the moment....for some reasons I cant extract the entire patch. It starts extracting but then randomly stop at one of the .tmp files and its been like this for 20 minutes....just sitting there. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I havent played the original game yet, (only demo) just got hold of the game today and installed it. Anyone think i might have to open the game and run it first before i can install the patch? Im clueless so excude me if this was a stupid suggestion. Just really dont know why the heck it wont extract a simply 33mb file!?

helf would be appreciated...P.S as barmy suggested I uninstalled the game again and reinstalled the patch - still gets stuck at some random nrs13.tmp file

Edit: nevermind...while I typed it the thing finished!?!? :P

The 33mb file does modifications to parts of the 2gb file that makes up the game, as well as to the exe. So it takes time to get that all done.

I think we should clean this thread of all the piracy discussion, its sorta not too pleasant

Looks Awsome, but dudes where is the lineup fix for other teams like India and what abt the kits and adboards

Looks Awsome, but dudes where is the lineup fix for other teams like India and what abt the kits and adboards

Nowhere because those teams aren't licensed so they're not getting changed, also this patch will be gameplay and online focused.

Also is anyone playing it/ have anything to say/ scorecards etc?

Last edited:
Just noticed , that i have to almost play a batsman into form . I cant just go What Bam Thank Maam ....... :sarcasm Once played in i can play as i wish.

i wonder what 'tweaks.txt' is all about

Patch update

Hi, pls update field settings, player names, kits and adboads to realistic ones when it comes to final patch. The Beta looks good, i will try ASAP.

Hi, pls update field settings, player names, kits and adboads to realistic ones when it comes to final patch. The Beta looks good, i will try ASAP.

Perhaps you missed the reply Brook gave you to the same question.

Names, kits and adboards will not be updated.

lazy_chesnut added 1 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Just noticed , that i have to almost play a batsman into form . I cant just go What Bam Thank Maam ....... :sarcasm Once played in i can play as i wish.

i wonder what 'tweaks.txt' is all about

The tweaks.txt file was something briefly used in the closed beta. It won't do anything on this version as all the debugging stuff has been taken out.

1st Test summary:

Cricket20092009-09-2204-37-04-02.png

Australia 2nd Innings:
Cricket20092009-09-2204-37-13-82.png

Cricket20092009-09-2204-37-18-25.png

Cricket20092009-09-2204-37-23-51.png

Some things you may notice:
1. Run outs - they weren't suicidal, both were very close.
2. Ponting sixes - 3 behind square leg, 3 over cover, 1 over mid-wicket.
3. No balls - :facepalm

Clarke, Hussey and Haddin all played 1 or 2 lofted shots as well that didn't quite carry over the ropes. Hussey was on the back foot driving it over mid-off, not a shot I'd expect to see in a test match!

As for the match, oh what fun I had. :D Damn that Ricky Ponting, not once in either innings did I feel like I had a chance. Him launching sixes was just rubbing salt into the wound. Mind you, it was just as well Ponting scored those runs (269 not out in the match), the rest of the Australian batting order wasn't exactly clever in either innings.

All the wickets I took with the bowlers this innings felt so satisfying, although if I had to pick a favourite it would be Johnson. Swann bowling around the wicket, pitched on middle and off, turned just enough to miss Johnson's defensive shot and clipped off-stump. That one beat the feeling I got from getting Watson LBW with Swann in the first innings, just awesome. It probably felt even better because it gave me an outside chance of winning, then Ponting went and nailed a Flintoff no ball for six in the next over.....

I've already started the second test, but I'm going have a little break from that and play a T20 to test out how effective the lofted shots really are.

There is no custom editor for tournaments

Very bad:facepalm:doh

Really? Transmission are making a huge effort here to improve the game play (you know, the thing that matters) and you find something to moan about without saying anything positive? Nice going.

1st Test summary:

Some things you may notice:
1. Run outs - they weren't suicidal, both were very close.
2. Ponting sixes - 3 behind square leg, 3 over cover, 1 over mid-wicket. Seems a bit ridiculous, I think loft shot should be powered down
3. No balls - :facepalm Lol how was the AI on no balls?

Clarke, Hussey and Haddin all played 1 or 2 lofted shots as well that didn't quite carry over the ropes. Hussey was on the back foot driving it over mid-off, not a shot I'd expect to see in a test match!

As for the match, oh what fun I had. :D Damn that Ricky Ponting, not once in either innings did I feel like I had a chance. Him launching sixes was just rubbing salt into the wound. Mind you, it was just as well Ponting scored those runs (269 not out in the match), the rest of the Australian batting order wasn't exactly clever in either innings.

All the wickets I took with the bowlers this innings felt so satisfying, although if I had to pick a favourite it would be Johnson. Swann bowling around the wicket, pitched on middle and off, turned just enough to miss Johnson's defensive shot and clipped off-stump. That one beat the feeling I got from getting Watson LBW with Swann in the first innings, just awesome. It probably felt even better because it gave me an outside chance of winning, then Ponting went and nailed a Flintoff no ball for six in the next over.....

I've already started the second test, but I'm going have a little break from that and play a T20 to test out how effective the lofted shots really are.

Looks and sounds really good, wish I could play it. 3 (almost) whole days seems pretty good.

Well I think purchasing the game after trying is BS. I have not seen people who get the pirated version and then purchase the retail one. This is the same with iPhone applications.

chavanak added 5 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Oh! and btw anyone still waiting for Cricket Revolution? :P Think that game even after release (if it ever gets released) will not take off since almost all areas in Ashes has been patched

I have lost all interest in Cricket Revolution!

Anyway shouldn't this thread be about people testing the patch and their experiences not about people bemoaning the fact that they can't because of "legalities"? I mean the best possible way to get people to buy the darn thing is to talk about how greatly improved it is since the patch!:)

Indeed and it is definitely worth buying now (if it wasn't before), especially since you can get the PC version for ?17.99 (play, zavvi, shopto).

Do we know if saved games from this beta will work with the 2nd beta and/or the patch?

Users who are viewing this thread