AC09 Patch open beta 1 released - download it here

Anyway shouldn't this thread be about people testing the patch and their experiences not about people bemoaning the fact that they can't because of "legalities"? I mean the best possible way to get people to buy the darn thing is to talk about how greatly improved it is since the patch!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
ohhhhh itz too bad....first of all downloaded the pirate copy via net,then i just ordered the game just to support code masters.....until yesterday i was using the pirate copy,thank god i ordered the original version ;) by the way wer do u live mate???i hope ur problem will be solved

thanks buddy, i am going to get oder it from ebay as well. no point in waiting till they come up with the final patch. who knows when it will come. and i want to have a go at this very badly. looks like il end up spending lot more then every one els for this game :noway ohh what to do

People who actually pirate the game are smart but the end user mostly is not that smart. So I think it would serve nice if a message is displayed when a person with pirated copy tries to install the patch. The patch should read his computer name I.P. address and log it back to transmission or Codies with a serious warning :P

I'm totally against that sort of thing.

which is better, this or tutsi's gameplay patch? is it possible to combine the two?

which is better, this or tutsi's gameplay patch? is it possible to combine the two?

I haven't tried Tutsi's patch on this version but I am finding batting hard enough on hard without more handicaps. The one thing I had against Tutsi's patch was the UFO size bowling pointer that would hover around the batsmens feet. It scared me! Great work by the guy though! Could be worth a go though!:)

Finally, the game is loading quickly in Vista too.

Batting has become very difficult, I couldnt even chase a target of 77 in a ten over match.
I got all out for 68 in 8.3 Overs

yudi28 added 7 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

I think we need Beefy's Training again in accordance with this patch. :p

Anyways, I would like to thank the Transmission Games for this patch.

Each and everything in this patch is perfect, except that the batting is a little too difficult and the AI bowls a lot of short deliveries (I mean we have to play a backfoot short).
So I think that can be corrected too.
Cheers

Right, my batting feedback.

In reply to Australia 284 I made 478 all out. Strauss scored 195 before being given out LBW incorrectly (see screenshot) and Flintoff made 103. I was reduced to about 120-4, with Cook caught in the slips off Hilfernhaus. Bell was caught in the slips off Hussey (I tried to cut his first ball and so wasn;t used to the timing) and Pietersen was also in the slips from a loss of concentration. Collingwood was caught behind after inside edging Hauritz. After that, I dug in a bit and played more defensively, and as you can see it worked. Flintoff was caught in the covers trying a big hit after he reached his ton, then Strauss went. I tried to bat a bit more agressively with the tail and it made it much harder. Prior and Swann were caught in the slips, Broad edged onto his stumps and Anderson was caught hooking (after hitting the previous ball for 6). Screenshots are attached.

- Batting when playing defensively still seemed a bit easy, although it's a vast improvement from before. During the big partnership between Strauss and Flintoff I never really felt threatened.

- As previously mentioned, Hussey bowled too early - he came on first change IIRC.

- As previously mentioned, poorly timed lofted shots go too far - these should be at risk of being caught in the infield.

- Hauritz took the second new ball with Johnson when it became available after 80 overs (and was taken immediately, for the record).

- The keeper more often than not removed the bails and appealed for a stumping after I had left the ball from the spinner. Is there any way to prevent this? It was quite annoying :p

I found a picture of his keyboard.

broken_keyboard.jpg

The bowling may now be to good. I accidently used Strauss against SA in a ODI 3rd over and he only went for 1 run in the over.
I'm going to try KP next. I may have discovered the secret to me winninng some games.:laugh

Users who are viewing this thread