AC09 Patch open beta 1 released - download it here

Hehehe :laugh something tells me very soon all the Pirates are gonna come out of the closet :spy

Maybe we should ban them :whip

---------

BTW if there is one thing that we could add to this game after the patch & all the proposed features & fixes it would be .......... The ability of diving at the ropes to stop a boundary or cut the double into a single. Its the only single feature missing in the game which separates it from excellence . Currently the fielder just goes & stops or picks up the ball ( only for it to slip out of his hand ) to throw it back.

We could do with some random action in the outfield .

What say Partners ?

Last edited:
Hehehe :laugh something tells me very soon all the Pirates are gonna come out of the closet :spy

Maybe we should ban them :whip

If they come out of the closet we can at least have a gay time with them all!:)

Just fininshed the 1st innings of an ODI between Ind and Aus. I won the toss and put them in to bat. They made 304 of 47.3 over. Ponting made a superb century and Hussey played an excllent cameo at then end. Some vids:

Haddin threads the gap to find the fence.
[youtube]
[/youtube]

Watson LBW 1st ball of Y.Pathan.
[youtube]
[/youtube]

Hussey improvises a sweep shot to counter wide-off stump line with packed off-side.
[youtube]
[/youtube]

Ponting's wagon wheel after 100.
[youtube]
[/youtube]

Haddin gets caught behind of a defensive shot.
[youtube]
[/youtube]

Clarke get decived by Yuvi and shoulders arm to a ball which he should'nt have.
[youtube]
[/youtube]

Superb reverse swinging yorker.
[youtube]
[/youtube]

Realistic dismissal of Sehwag while I was batting. Nice top-edge.
[youtube]
[/youtube]

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-09-22 13-13-11-96.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-22 13-13-11-96.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Cricket2009 2009-09-22 13-13-14-61.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-22 13-13-14-61.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Cricket2009 2009-09-22 13-13-18-42.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-22 13-13-18-42.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:
well dont know , but trust me i was looking for this game for 3 weeks so that we could get an original licensed copy here in Karachi.. for XBOX(NTSC -that never released) or PC , was willing to pay upto 50 USD. In the end had to Take the 1$ ( Rs. 80) copy DVD as had no other option , even a download of legal copy was not made availble to us in this region

But at the end of the day, i think i was lucky not to have got the original version here and not to have paid a single penny .
As It sucks when developers make u pay for a game where 9 out of ten wickets you take ( be it a 20/20 , test or ODI) are RUN OUTS.

The developers sort of have cheated on the buyers by selling this game before it was fully complete or playable.

I appreciate your "honesty" but now you know the real price for your version and my version!:)

Believe me or not, I had similar thought of something needs to be done with the patch to check for illegal version before installing. They have implemented it. Good job Transmission & Codies :clap.

well dont know , but trust me i was looking for this game for 3 weeks so that we could get an original licensed copy here in Karachi.. for XBOX(NTSC -that never released) or PC , was willing to pay upto 50 USD. In the end had to Take the 1$ ( Rs. 80) copy DVD as had no other option , even a download of legal copy was not made availble to us in this region

But at the end of the day, i think i was lucky not to have got the original version here and not to have paid a single penny .
As It sucks when developers make u pay for a game where 9 out of ten wickets you take ( be it a 20/20 , test or ODI) are RUN OUTS.

The developers sort of have cheated on the buyers by selling this game before it was fully complete or playable.

Now since you don't have the Retail version of the game you cant enjoy the Patch or any other new goodies out there.

Maybe the developers made the half baked version of the game to weed out pirates.

Remember BOI, unavailability of a game in your region is a very very very poor excuse for pirating it.

Check this thread to know where you can purchase the legal version of the game in Karachi : http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/ashes-cricket-2009-forum/ashes-cricket-asia-54982.html

If they come out of the closet we can at least have a gay time with them all!:)

Leave the Gay Pirates alone , you've been a Bad boy so no playtime for you ( even if its with these Pirates ) .

How are the bouncers?

I've read MB76's review and it is sort of a let down, but is their still 'venom' in bowling the bouncer. Is it really worth it to bowl it?

The game play is much better now with the patch installed. Far more realistic and more enjoyable - Thanks Codemasters and Transmission.

The problem I am having now, is that the game seems to freeze quite a lot. I am playing the first Ashes test match with me bowling as England and the AI batting as Australia. The game froze three times on me within 30 minutes, always when the AI went for a four the game froze just as the ball was a couple of yards from the boundary. Is anyone else experiencing this ??

TIA

D

Just fininshed the 1st innings of an ODI between Ind and Aus. I won the toss and put them in to bat. They made 304 of 47.3 over. Ponting made a superb century and Hussey played an excllent cameo at then end. Some vids:

Great vids! If you would be willing I would love to hear from you how to do it myself! If so Pm me! Cheers!:)

EDIT: Wth, wrong thread perhaps? Wasn't their like videos above my post?

EDIT #2: Bah!

Last edited:

I also agree with him..if codies and TG are that much concerned about the piracy, then they should make the original copies available in this region..there's no point in just sitting back and crying over all this. I appreciate the effort they made and the hard work they did in making this patch and i would love to appreciate this effort by buying a retail version but from where????? We are left with no option then to buy a **** version.

how can you say that!! dont you know some of us downloaded the game from gameland. all of as are not thiefs :mad:
Calm down, even I have downloaded the gameplanet version but I also have the DVD.
The fact is, however hard it is, most of them with this problem are actually using pirated version. If you have got the legal version downloaded then wait for the final patch.

Users who are viewing this thread