AC09 Patch open beta 1 released - download it here

hope you guys are enjoying the patch... :doh i cant . i got my game from gameworld (downloaded it) and payed about 6000Rs for it too. and cant install the patch :crying :crying :crying dame its sooo unfair, please some one help :help :help :help

Just had a T20 game on hard it seems like the AI almost always bowls slightly short of a length outside off which would be fine in a test match but not so much a T20 as once I got the pace I was able to score just as fast if not faster than the last patch. I would have had less than 10 full balls the entire innings. I am just hoping that by mistake the bowling programming for test matches some how is being applied in T20 because right now the batting is not an improvement.

I managed to bring up a 100 easily with McCullum and 98 of the 100 runs I ended up scoring came on the off side. The 2 runs I did score on the onside were because I purposely shuffled across. The spinner (although it was KP) was just as easy to hit around as before.

The timing zones were alot smaller than before but for whatever reason that didn't seem to make it any harder.

For a moment i thought that the bowlers pitching sweet spot changed with the pitch & weather conditions.

I think for a pacer its too empowering to bowl cutters in online mode after this patch. As now he has 2 sweet spots to pitch the bowl onto. But yes this does make the game more fun in offline mode.

great stuff this patch

Hell Yeah

For a moment i thought that the bowlers pitching sweet spot changed with the pitch & weather conditions.

I think for a pacer its too empowering to bowl cutters in online mode after this patch. As now he has 2 sweet spots to pitch the bowl onto. But yes this does make the game more fun in offline mode.

Hell Yeah

where is the 2nd sweet spot for cutters?

Wow, what a difference a patch makes.

I just decided to play day one of a test match to see what was new and my word, how different. It really felt like i was in a test match.
The run rate was nice and steady at 3 and a half an over, though it did creep up slightly by the end of the day. There was no dodgy running, consistent bowling brought rewards and there were edge chances, caught and dropped, but they carried to slips.

Fantastic.

I know it's a beta, but I just think it's better! A lot, lot better.

Thank you for all the work that's gone into this. (And is continuing to go into it.)

you guys are so lucky to try this new patch....well i guess we will get it once everything is finilized. Good stuff codies and transmission games. :)

I am guessing when the patch comes out it will be on PSN? In the Playstation store. Just hope that its available to people in North America. I have a UK PSN account so hopefully that should work.

shan could you take some video of a quick bowler bowling so we can see the bounce, no worries if you cant.

Okay I have got some movies of the England quickies doing there stuff and taking a few wickos against Zimbabwe. (Yeah I know! For the life of me I couldn't get an Aussie wicket on hard!) But how do I now upload the vids??? Sorry for being a complete tumble dryer!:)

Okay I have got some movies of the England quickies doing there stuff and taking a few wickos against Zimbabwe. (Yeah I know! For the life of me I couldn't get an Aussie wicket on hard!) But how do I now upload the vids??? Sorry for being a complete tumble dryer!:)

try to post them on youtube or a similar side. I think rapidshare might be good that way we can get the best quality.

where is the 2nd sweet spot for cutters?

There are 3 Sweet Spots :

Just Short of Length, Over Pitched ( was there in the v1.00 as well ) & Correct Length as well

From what I can make out, there are loads of sweet spots for different kinds of deliveries as the developer wants to empower the bowlers as well. This works well during offline as well as online play as the game becomes more balanced & the bowlers too can dominate sometimes. But yes, the good thing is that now even poorly timed shots can be put to the fence ( Maybe if the bowler bowls a poor delivery , or maybe just because there is a gap & the poorly timed shot happened to be hit there ) . So all in all its fair play for both bowlers & Batsmen.

Once again , I must credit Transmission for its fine work .

Here are 2 videos showing the improved bounce, as requested by Hmarka. :)
[youtube]
[/youtube]

[youtube]
[/youtube]

Havin a cracker of an ODI against AUS. Won the toss and put them in. Here's the scorecard after 31 overs. Vids coming later.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-09-22 11-29-56-67.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-22 11-29-56-67.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited by a moderator:
I had a go with the patched version - test match, Bangladesh vs. Zimbabwe, and I was bowling first.

+ The speeds were fixed! Sure, they could be a bit better. Rubel Hossain is in the 87-90 MPH and not low-mid 80s, while Mortaza is in the low-mid 80s and not the 87-90 bracket. But that's just nitpicking

+ Felt great to get batsmen bowled. A kept on pitching it short or swinging away on a good length, then for variation bowled a full inswinger on the stumps and got a few wickets that way! Edged behind, bowled, LBW. It was still tricky to bowl though, but I got Zimbabwe a/o for about 270, 70 of which were no-balls, so it's pretty good.

- Spinners lines are a bit off. A left-arm spinner around the wicket to a righty should have the ideal spot in line with the stumps, not outside offstump. Lengths are a lot better though.

+ Catches are fun, much harder now.

+ Menu speeds and everything are a lot faster, much smoother. Brilliant.

+ Fast bowling felt good. More pace behind the bouncers.

- Spinners turn the ball too much. This was a day one pitch with a 40 over old ball, Shakib was turning it miles. Pitching offstump and being taken by the keepers just before the wide line.

- No suicidical run-outs, but a lot of easy runs were turned down.

Overall, it's really much better, a lot more fun. Can't wait to bat, and once I sort out my no-ball problem I look forward to bowling against better sides.

To answer the lineups question, they were rearranged (i.e. Flintoff no longer at 11) but they can't add new players as Matt said.

Users who are viewing this thread