AC09 Patch open beta 1 released - download it here

more vids, they were quality.

With the 360 version any chance of it coming out bit earlier than expected also whens final pc patch released.

I've just been battered by the Aussies in a T20 at Harare. Having not played any matches there before I didn't know how small the boundaries were, so some of the shots that went for six may not have on other grounds. The AI was very aggressive, with White and Warner hitting a number of sixes. Towards the end of the innings the AI took singles pretty much all the time, whereas for the first 10-15 overs they hardly went for anything, even when the ball when to a fielder on the boundary.

I found it hard to really hit out from the start and lost wickets quickly. Started to re-build with Collingwood and Ambrose but poor shot selection resulted in losing Collingwood.

The most effective shot in the game is the lofted square cut. I cleared the ropes four times with Sidebottom (!) using that shot. Only one with perfect timing, the rest were good. I have mixed feelings on the the power of the lofted shots. Sometimes in real life you will see shots that haven't been timed at all well will go for four or six, at the same time though they are too effective. Getting the balance right will be tricky.

Match summary:
Cricket20092009-09-2216-23-10-31.png

all the vids look good all the screens look good and as im 360 owner i cant expierience any of this really frustrating but patch not long now really just hope it maybe come bit earlier than expected as im boored and have put ac09 on hold tilll the release of the patch.

I found it hard to really hit out from the start and lost wickets quickly. Started to re-build with Collingwood and Ambrose but poor shot selection resulted in losing Collingwood.

Stevie hope you dont mind a few questions mate. In that 20/20 even though lofted shots appear to be effective was it still proving to be your downfall?

Secondly regarding a few Ponting sixes during your what seems a cracking test match. I remember you saying he cracked Freddy for one off a no ball.

I noticed you bowled 22 no balls ( happens to all of us! :p) did a high percentage of the aggresisve shots come from the no balls? I noticed in the pre patched version they treated the no balls aggresively!

Obviously appreciate the fact you may not be able to remember!

I was thinking, in a way I'd rather the comp hit a 6 and then didn't run itself out, the strike rates in the test were pretty reasonable. It's not ideal but whatever, at least they made runs.

the strike rates in the test were pretty reasonable. It's not ideal but whatever, at least they made runs.

Yeah im happy with that aswell! No complaints..... but if they were smashing the no balls id be even happier!!... seeing as there is an even higher incentive to keep those size twelves behind the line!

Unless Ashoka De Silva is the umpire... then you can place your foot wherever you like!

Stevie hope you dont mind a few questions mate. In that 20/20 even though lofted shots appear to be effective was it still proving to be your downfall?

Secondly regarding a few Ponting sixes during your what seems a cracking test match. I remember you saying he cracked Freddy for one off a no ball.

I noticed you bowled 22 no balls ( happens to all of us! :p) did a high percentage of the aggresisve shots come from the no balls? I noticed in the pre patched version they treated the no balls aggresively!

Obviously appreciate the fact you may not be able to remember!

1. Playing too aggressively proved my downfall, not necessarily just the lofted shots. Similar story in the test match as well, I played shots at some balls I really shouldn't have and paid the price.

2. In the test match it didn't seem to matter whether I bowled a no ball or not. In the T20 it seemed the AI went after no balls more, but I could be wrong on that one.

Playing too aggressively proved my downfall, not necessarily just the lofted shots. Similar story in the test match as well, I played shots at some balls I really shouldn't have and paid the price.

2. In the test match it didn't seem to matter whether I bowled a no ball or not. In the T20 it seemed the AI went after no balls more, but I could be wrong on that one.

Cheers for the reply mate.. dunno how much you played the game before but i always felt i could restrict the AI in 20/20 to around 120 on hard alot... so seeing them smash you about is pleasing!

Cheers for the reply mate.. dunno how much you played the game before but i always felt i could restrict the AI in 20/20 to around 120 on hard alot... so seeing them smash you about is pleasing!

Agreed, and done without really doing anything special. This is looking good, even if I can't play it for a while.

1. Playing too aggressively proved my downfall, not necessarily just the lofted shots. Similar story in the test match as well, I played shots at some balls I really shouldn't have and paid the price.

That's what's so great now - play a daft shot, or play too aggressively as soon as you come in and you'll get punished!

Here is a video of the 11th of the second test. Just showing off the improved bowling lengths and me running out of talent outside off stump. :p

11th over video

If you can't see the video, let me know and I'll put it on YouTube, it's just much easier for me to put it into my racing leagues' ftp. ;)

ere is a video of the 11th of the second test. Just showing off the improved bowling lengths and me running out of talent outside off stump.

I love that... creamed it to slip!

If you can be bothered at all any videos would be very much appreciated!:clap

I love that... creamed it to slip!

If you can be bothered at all any videos would be very much appreciated!:clap

You're in for a real treat, mate!

As soon as I've worked out how to shrink FRAPS videos (using the guide given to me by Shan111), I'll try and post some videos as well.

Users who are viewing this thread