additional all time teams...

upul chandana, kumar dharmasene, nuwan zoysa, russel arnold and upul tharanga are other big names in SL cricket. But i dont think they qualify to all time best because they didnt perform that well in Test matches

thanks i'll check them, i probably have a test bias so went largely by that, but i will check their ODI records too :)

------

Thanks @kevinpp24 I will probably add some stats as and when i get the time and upload them under my username too :) cheers

Have completed the Pakistan and Sri Lankan squads, just need to check skills, attributes etc. and stats for the Sri Lankans as most of them have no on-disc link.

Have some of the Zimbabweans done. If anyone want to have a go at making some of the older players such as Olonga, Houghton, Traicos, Fletcher, G Flower etc. I will not stop them :)

Have uploaded a fully linked, attributed and skilled Pakistan All Time. A bit concerned the bowling stats of the roster didn't come out as strong as I expected so may need to re-look at that. But it's up now anyway :)

Due to not being linked SL, Zim, and Associates will take longer.

Mohammed amir needs tobe there and please no kamran akmal, he cant get into the current squad nvr mnd all time great team

There is already an on-disc Pakistan team so Blocker has used the same players as were on that team.

However, you must be joking on Mohammad Amir. He has played a total of 48 international matches, picking up only 51 wickets at 29 in tests. He also can't get into the current squad, but I can't think why...

Kamran Akmal's record stands up well in tests. Averaging over 30 as a keeper is/was still impressive (Moin Khan only averaged 28), and the selectors must've thought he was good at some point to select him 257 times.

How about this list of players from five nations?

Attachments

• Legends.doc
    82 KB · Views: 18
There is already an on-disc Pakistan team so Blocker has used the same players as were on that team.

However, you must be joking on Mohammad Amir. He has played a total of 48 international matches, picking up only 51 wickets at 29 in tests. He also can't get into the current squad, but I can't think why...

Kamran Akmal's record stands up well in tests. Averaging over 30 as a keeper is/was still impressive (Moin Khan only averaged 28), and the selectors must've thought he was good at some point to select him 257 times.

Yeah i had originally missed the on disc team when i came up with my own roster... Just stuck with on-disc as per my other teams. Kamran Akmal has scored more test runs for Pakistan as a wicket keeper than anyone else. And as you say at a decent average for a keeper by historical standards. I think he's worth a spot on the roster for sure.

Also worth bearing in mind there's nothing official about any of these, and anyone can change it as they wish.

----------

How about this list of players from five nations?

Some good lists there - where'd you get them from, you make them yourself?

Where there's an on-disc team i have stuck to that roster (for now). My "personal" All Time England team would be much closer to yours than the on disc one, for sure.

I would like to see a collection of world cup/icc tournament winner squads and play them against each other....to find out the best icc tournament winning team of all time :P

Okay i understand your argument on kamran akmal.. but not mohammed amir, if someones naive, and commits wrong, but then is sorry, he should be forgiven, and he can easily get in based on class, hes only 21 and as an english supporter you have no space to judge fast bowling skoll he has a better average than english spearhead james anderson, and frankly speaking more skill in his pinky finger than any english fast bowler at the moment, haha all i have to say is australia tour :p

What does the England cricket team have to do with this? Also, just because our fast bowlers are awful I can't judge a player?

Anyway, I'm not saying he doesn't have heaps of skill and isn't an extremely talented player, but he hasn't played near enough games to consider him for this particular squad. Maybe when he's 29 and has 150 test wickets, but he certainly doesn't qualify for an all-time Pakistan team.

Users who are viewing this thread