Advice needed - for some strategic aspects - (see Manager Diary)

crickap

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi,

I am Asma Khan and I have written up my 'Manager Diary'. Please visit that thread for context etc. I have a few questions regarding strategy. I will be glad if you could please answer them, or perhaps we can stimulate some discussion. So, I strongly encourage people to post their opinions here.

a) In test match cricket, should I play 5 batsmen & 5 bowlers or is it better to play 6 batsmen & 4bowlers with 1 keeper in each case.

b) What about ODI's. Is it necessary to play a fifth bowler or is it a reasonable idea to share the ten overs between 'part-timers'.

c) Does age have any impact on performace? Should I retire players when they reach a particular age or should I carry on with them until they decide to retire themselves.

I'll come up with more questions if and when i have them.

viral1991

International Cricketer
1) 5 batsman or 5 bowlers are the best choice for Tests, unless the part-timers are in great form or the batsmen are in bad form.

2) Its best to share the ten overs between part-timers because sometimes, one particular part-timer can collapse them!

3) They normally dont play very well after 32-33 years, so if they dont perform, you can retire them!

Hope it helps! :)

jimbob

Club Cricketer
1) if you have a keeper that can bat play 5 bowlers if not i would still be tempted to play 5 bowlers as indias batting is so strong

2) use part timers in ODIs such as viru, as he is more then useful

3) retire your players when you see a major decline in their performance and if there is a younger player doing well in firstclass cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread