Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I imagine as teams get knocked out they get biffed down the list. It's @PlanetCricket's way of cosying up to the BCCI and ECB by demoting the Associate teams as they get eliminted, forever to be forgotten in the annals of time, space and the internet...

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
So yet another historic day for Afghanistan, they played at Lords today against MCC which had amazing players like Misbah, Brendon McCullum, Yasir Shah, Chanderpaul, Samit Patel. Good bowling effort to restrict this side for 217/6 in 40 overs. Unfortunately the match was abandoned and they did not get a chance to chase 227 (DL) in 40 overs. Afghanistan will just go up from here along with Ireland. Just get both of them to play a first test.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
As much as Afghanistan have taken the world into the storm, I don’t see them performing on places where spinners don’t work. ATM, they are very heavily dependent on their spinners for their bowling.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
As much as Afghanistan have taken the world into the storm, I don’t see them performing on places where spinners don’t work. ATM, they are very heavily dependent on their spinners for their bowling.
I agree to some extent. Afghanistan will have to do well in non-spinning conditions.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Time to re-awaken this thread. Mighty pleased with their recent T20 series win over Pakistan. It is a side that has shown the hunger to improve at every turn. A bit more consistency and they might even challenge the others for the Asia Cup.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
The U19s are getting slaughtered in this new domestic 1 day comp, almost every other player there is a senior international.

Will be interesting to see if it comes off in the 2024 U19 WC. South Africa did something similiar last WC, their U19s played Div 2 of the domestic T20s. I think SA finished 7th so didn't really make a difference.

What separates these two instances is the format played. I think a few senior 50 over matches are much better prep than T20s for a 50 over WC. Also bear in mind that was Div 2 of the SA comp so is lower and this Afg comp has a lot of intl players.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
Gulbadin Naib (c), Mohammad Shahzad (wk), Sediqullah Atal, Zubdaid Akbari, Noor Ali Zadran, Shahidullah Kamal, Afsar Zazai, Wafiullah Tarakhil, Karim Jannat, Sharafuddin Ashraf, Fareed Ahmad Malik, Nijat Masoud, Sayed Ahmad Shirzad, Qais Ahmad and Zahir Khan.

This squad might just be the strongest on paper. Wouldn't be surprised if they win the entire thing just because of the sheer amount of international caps they have.

Users who are viewing this thread