OTHER AFL 23 game

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Shame about the delay because most of the comments on the early gameplay videos were positive which in this day and age is quite unusual .So what time will it release on steam and can UK be considered for regional pricing in this instance.:grinning:

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Shame about the delay because most of the comments on the early gameplay videos were positive which in this day and age is quite unusual .So what time will it release on steam and can UK be considered for regional pricing in this instance.:grinning:
Seems to have angered a lot of people who the delays once again, doesn't seem as though it's even going to be available digitally in Australia. Which you'd imagine will be where it will generate most sales from.

Although I did just read this appears to be Xbox that may not be available digitally. Still a big mess though.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Yeah only xbox .Not sure what the issue is with that format but clearly its more than availability of physical discs.Seems very low key for a new release .Still just says coming soon on steam.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Ok I decided if its no good I can refund before 2 hours Unfortunately the comments on twitter and steam are fair.Game is not in a fit playable state.I then played afl evolution 2 which I thought was a decent game to start with and the things missed out stats wise are glaring beyond the gameplay.I don't think you even get a team sheet before the game to see which players are involved.
Its really poor from big ant .I don't want to be down on them but it doesn't bode well for the cricket game.I have approx an hour of gameplay left can they keep me or will I refund.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Ok I decided if its no good I can refund before 2 hours Unfortunately the comments on twitter and steam are fair.Game is not in a fit playable state.I then played afl evolution 2 which I thought was a decent game to start with and the things missed out stats wise are glaring beyond the gameplay.I don't think you even get a team sheet before the game to see which players are involved.
Its really poor from big ant .I don't want to be down on them but it doesn't bode well for the cricket game.I have approx an hour of gameplay left can they keep me or will I refund.
Yeah it's been a disaster of a launch by what I've been told and seen reading through another forum and talking to someone who has played the game who had hoped it would be done right given the love Ross has for AFL.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Played the game and let me list some of the Pros and Cons from my limited understanding of AFL :

Pros :
The game looks good. It looks way better than the videos i saw on YT. I am using a RTX 3060 on a wide screen and it looks sooo much better than Cricket 22.
Simple but clean and minimalistic menu.
Official stadiums look really nice.
The crowd looked good to me, especially from a medium distance. Colorful enough.
RAIN and CLOUDS!!!
Hair / Beard physics.

Cons
Collision Detector. Man, that is a big issue just like in Cricket 22. I am attaching a few images where players go through each other, into the ground, and stuff like that that shouldn't happen in 2023.
Ball physics. Ball suddenly changing path and falling down and stuff is happening a lot.

I could only find these two issues because my understanding of the AFL game and rules is zero, so I can't say much.

PS: the reason why I got the game was to check out the stadiums available because many of the stadiums would be there in C24. Sydney, MCG, Optus, Gabba, etc looked really nice.

1683215322199.png1683215352163.png
1683215390736.png1683217885520.png

1683215434711.png

Last edited:

TomW777

Club Captain
I suspect a relatively small developer like Big Ant has bitten off more than it can chew by trying to release AFl 23, Cricket 24, Rugby 24 and Tiebreak all this year. They are just spread too thin and it is showing with what is apparently this hot mess of a launch. Doesn't give me much confidence in their Rugby game releasing in a decent state.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Its a bit better after the patch but still long way to go.Can't dispose of the ball .Quite often follows the same pattern lose the ruck couple of moves forward and the opposition is in postion to score.Rinse and repeat.Not sure why if you lose you are taken to the opposition dressing room why would i want to see them celebrate.Zero stats and zero tactics .It really feels half finished on the plus side i am along for the ride or the dream i won't be refunding it.Never seen a kick miss.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans

!

Do not pre-order the cricket 24 games guys. Going by AFL 23, c24 is going to be the same story of C22. Lot of promises and in the end it will be yet another broken game which would be tried hard to be patched up. If people won't pre-order they will try hard to make the game even better. If we all pre-order lesser need to put the extra effort.

I'm not against BA. I want to support them. I've bought 7 of their titles and ready to buy more. But they just can't keep fooling their customers. We deserve better.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
"All the development of gameplay mechanics seem to have gone into the cointoss..." a favourite line up to now.

We will soon get the apologies and promises and the game will be lefy with gamebreaking bugs. It is unfortunately the established pattern now.

Ashes 2017 is their best game in my opinion and by reviews as well. Coincidentally it had the most extensive beta process involving members of this community of all their games.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Users who are viewing this thread