Problem: AI - At its genius best..

dharish

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think the common complaints has been on AI.. I found one more yesterday..

Was playing career T20 for India vs NZ.. got out cheaply and then both scores were tied.. So the event of super over.. I had to score 12 runs to win.. I was really excited to play the first super over of my career.. then I was shocked to see AI having test match fields for the super over.. That was a big turn off number 1.. then I tried hitting the first one, missed.... 5 balls 12 to win.. Under pressure, I tried to hit one more, I picked the only outfielder available.. Damn!!! But that was not the turn off.. Post that 4 balls 12 to win.. Rahane hits couple of 'fantastic' defensive shots and 2 more straight drives for 2 couple.. lost by 8 runs!!!!!!!!! Can't believe it.. Firstly the field from AI, next was Rahane's fantastic playing ignorant of the current situation... AI needs improvement on such things.. has improved from what it was before but still needs loads of improvements on these aspects to make it more interesting to play with AI..

soyab0007

Club Cricketer
you can post the same in general discussion
Why creating new thread for it

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Looks like AI outsmarted you and your team with their fantastic field placements :spy

D

Dutch

you can post the same in general discussion
Why creating new thread for it

As a starting point for a discussion around what is needed to improve AI batting and fielding it is valid......so lets ask the question: what needs to happen in these departments in terms of tweaking AI?

dharish

School Cricketer
As a starting point for a discussion around what is needed to improve AI batting and fielding it is valid......so lets ask the question: what needs to happen in these departments in terms of tweaking AI?
I think the mentality can be tweaked according to format. For eg. Vijay has been designed as Aggressive. Now he tries to hit lot of aerial shots even during test matches.. Now can it become defensive like he was in England according to match situation or format? Or like fifa, can we control the mentality of the players from aggressive to defensive?
Also algorithm must work in such a way that ai plays according to match situation. There have been far too many situations where ai blocks the ball where they have to get 3 runs in one ball or so...

DevilzTutor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
BLC99 aka Warne99 has this thing "AI Situation Awareness Batting / Bowling", then why can't DBC?

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In limited overs format, DBC could assign something like when the current run rate goes below the required run rate, then the AI plays aggressive and takes risks and vice versa.

PS: Just got my above comment removed due to it being off-topic :p lesson learnt @MattW won't happen again :p

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
BLC99 aka Warne99 has this thing "AI Situation Awareness Batting / Bowling", then why can't DBC?

I can say that I have the physique of Tom Daley and the mind of Albert Einstein, but it doesn't mean that it is true...

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I mean no offense, go play it again.

I think there's a disconnect. Are you saying...

a) the AI showed situational awareness while batting or bowling and had a better AI to respond to various scenarios & situations, or

b) there was an attribute in BLIC 99 called "AI Situation Awareness Batting / Bowling".

If you meant (b) then I don't recollect seeing it in the game, and if you meant (a) then yeah AI may have been better at responding & reacting to certain situations but that's a subjective call.

Users who are viewing this thread