AI Batting is too fragile

gamer22

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
That's a game breaker! I was hoping AI will give us a tough time but getting bundled out under 200 in all levels is disappointing...

----------

I have seen many yt videos on bowling career and I totally agree.. AI gives gives you wickets on a platter.

wildfire

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Hmmm sounds quite worrying... :( haven't tried the game modes outside of Career Mode yet but will next week some time.

gamer22

Club Captain
though I am worried but I will wait for more people to join in to see how AI bats against them. OP poster could be a freak... too good at this game that is! My friend is amazing at FIFA games. AI can never win from him on any level. He finds them very predictable and I don't...

DeadShot

Club Captain
Second time in row. AI collapsed after good start. Latest instance is yesterday night.

50 over match

New Zealand (AI) Vs India (Me)

AI was batting solidly and they were 130 for no loss at the end of 20 overs. Was enjoying the challenge. Then collapse started. They end with 230 all out in 34 overs.

It would be great AI can be tweaked a bit here to play sensibly in next patch.

This is in Pro mode.

Orangzeb

Banned
So you guys say that AI should go around 500 in a test match ? well it all depends on bowling , conditions, circumstances etc.

Don't sue BigAnt if you get canned and lose every single match because of this update.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Cricket online is someone whose opinion is valued much on this forum. I have not played much outside of career mode but I find his comments worrying. AI has to be improved and Bigant must look into it.

grkrama

National Board President
has anyone tried altering the attributes,

Can someone just spend tweaking one team alter attribs and then bowl try it out see if it changes things? do they do this regardless of their batsman type like conservative precise etc?

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In ac09 ai batted sensibly lasting 50 overs if i maxed out their batting attributes, but lasted 35 overs if ai batsman attributes were @75%.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
All cricket games up till now have had AI with no real match awareness

Only played this game over a day but AI does seem too aggressive too much of the time

Would be great if at hardest levels the aggression ( including airborne shots) could be toned down :thumbs

Jadel

Club Captain
though I am worried but I will wait for more people to join in to see how AI bats against them. OP poster could be a freak... too good at this game that is! My friend is amazing at FIFA games. AI can never win from him on any level. He finds them very predictable and I don't...

It has nothing to do with the OPs skill. Its very hard not to get the AI out for low totals

I deliberately do not return the ball from fielders inside the circle any more because of the absurd amount of run outs. That helps balance it a bit.

The first patch sounds like it will help with the run outs by reducing the accuracy of fielders returns. If they also reduce the way they can run down a catch then the AI will have an easier time as a result. It will still be playing silly shots and taking bad runs though and that needs to be fixed.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Once you get the hang of bowling the AI wont score over 200 on PRO. I can def agree with that!

Also setting a batsmen to play conservative seems to make no difference either. They still attempt some mental shots in a test.

I love the game but we need the AI to be competitive . Only reason they are competitive at the ment is down to the fact i cant bat for toffee!

There is an imbalance between batting and bowling difficulty in my opinion!

Last edited:

DeadShot

Club Captain
Once you get the hang of bowling the AI wont score over 200 on PRO. I can def agree with that!

Also setting a batsmen to play conservative seems to make no difference either. They still attempt some mental shots in a test.

I love the game but we need the AI to be competitive . Only reason they are competitive at the ment is down to the fact i cant bat for toffee!

There is an imbalance between batting and bowling difficulty in my opinion!

I'm in same situation here. After got hold of bowling, just bowled AI out for 148 in 50 over match. But the total is competent enough because I'm still getting hold of batting in Pro mode.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
That's a game breaker! I was hoping AI will give us a tough time but getting bundled out under 200 in all levels is disappointing...

----------

I have seen many yt videos on bowling career and I totally agree.. AI gives gives you wickets on a platter.

Hmmm sounds quite worrying... :( haven't tried the game modes outside of Career Mode yet but will next week some time.

The game is amazing and has lot of replay value. Worst case scenario you can still derive plenty of fun and hours of enjoyment from career mode alone. But yeah AI batting needs a bit of tweak but I'm positive that Big Ant will be able to nail it in a future iteration, if not a patch. We have to remember this is the first iteration of the franchise and there's lots which is good with the game and we hope it gets even better, which is the purpose of the thread, i.e. highlight a shortcoming we are aware of.

So you guys say that AI should go around 500 in a test match ? well it all depends on bowling , conditions, circumstances etc.

Don't sue BigAnt if you get canned and lose every single match because of this update.

I don't think we are saying that AI should score 600 every game. But surely you would agree that even when users/human opponents are not good with the ball and irrespective of the conditions or the stadium (I've played in 7-8 stadiums by now), AI batting tends to implode. Not even reaching scores of 300-400 seems worrying to me.

----------

Trust me, I'm not ;)

Scrogs

Banned
I view this so called batting fragility as a form of 'run limiter' which I am grateful of. Think I've mentioned in a post elswhere that my batting skill isnt too good and that the A/I inability to post high scores at least make my matches competative.....albeit low scoring competative matches! Btw I'm playing game without patch 2 cos I reckon that the batting was better before patch 2 was released.

blackcapsfan

Club Captain
I don't think BigAnt can win here. If they make bowling anymore difficult then people will say that bowling is too hard. I find bowling quite difficult in career mode and find myself bowling overs and overs without getting 5-6 wickets. I would be lucky to get 1 wicket per innings and I am not bowling badly at all as the same type of bowling in Competition Mode gets me 5-6 wickets in T20I's and about 8 wickets in ODI on PRO difficulty. I think the number of wickets is okay for me just the number of runs they get is the problem.

I think the problem is that the AI do not bat to the situation. They don't seem to realize at times that there's only a few overs left and that they have more than 5+ wickets in hand so they should be going after it. I have had the AI cart me around the park with 100 from 10 overs but they somehow slow down and score 3/140 in the 20 overs. Sometimes they are chasing 150 runs and they end up with 3/129 after 20 overs. They don't seem to appreciate sometimes I bring a part timer or a "pie thrower" and only score 3-4 runs off the over - you could bring on a batsman with no bowling skills and bowl a tight over. In ODI's they don't appreciate that if they have lost a few quick wickets that they can form a partnership as there is plenty of overs left and wait for the final 10 overs to have an almighty slog to get to a respectable total.

Users who are viewing this thread