AI tweaking thread - Figured out how to reduce confidence and reduce smashing

If a batsman is fearless they will smash the ball, so if the batsman is fearless bowl half volleys wide out side offstump. So it is nearly wide and the marker is dark green. you don't even have to execute it well either. The bastman will play a back foot shot and miss the ball. The more they miss it the worst their confidence gets and after about 30 balls they are down to timid and should start playing realistically.

To be honest i want the AI to get like 400 to 500 runs on me, thatz realistic in my opinion lol

If a batsman is fearless they will smash the ball, so if the batsman is fearless bowl half volleys wide out side offstump. So it is nearly wide and the marker is dark green. you don't even have to execute it well either. The bastman will play a back foot shot and miss the ball. The more they miss it the worst their confidence gets and after about 30 balls they are down to timid and should start playing realistically.

Then all we should need to do (all, he says) is to find out how to make 'timid' and 'fearless' a bit closer together, not so close that you don't notice a difference, but far enough apart so the AI doesn't try to hit everything for six when they reach 'fearless'. Because, I don't know about you guys, but when the AI is only 'confident' or thereabouts, I think the game is excellent.

Then all we should need to do (all, he says) is to find out how to make 'timid' and 'fearless' a bit closer together, not so close that you don't notice a difference, but far enough apart so the AI doesn't try to hit everything for six when they reach 'fearless'. Because, I don't know about you guys, but when the AI is only 'confident' or thereabouts, I think the game is excellent.

This is a very good thread!!

If your thoughts work i may have to get it on the PC aswell!!

The tinkering of stats seems a good idea. They do seem to go mental once the openers have gone!

They then slow down when six wickets have fallen!

Not sure why I quoted you then Steve, but again nice idea!
Gas seems to be on the right track!

Its interesting, but i am almost certain that a near perfect paced test match engine is in there hiding somewhere! However something is just confusing it in the middle order period lol!!

last night i did some testing with aussie1st user.dat and Colin's skill editor. what i did was, i edited Bangaldeshis batting capabilities and (all of them) however i made sure to have plus value on the total Skill point balance.

had mix results, i (England) and AI (Bangladesh) played a test and Banga only made 176 allout in 78 overs. On editing I made sure all the batman’s had 100% judgment. But funny thing was one top order batter left alone a good length in swinger from Broad. And had only 1 silly runout. Need more testing. Maybe tonight I’ll play them in a ODI and see how it works out.

Big thanks to Colin and Aussie1st for their good work and its lot more fun when English bowls faster then 78mph (andrason got up to 150k’s)

I'm taking you reduced the Bangladesh batters stats? Never played against them so can't comment on their scoring rate.

I read in a different forum that if you add a tailender into the 3rd spot this may stop this issue dunno if it works tho, anyone know if this has an effect?

I read in a different forum that if you add a tailender into the 3rd spot this may stop this issue dunno if it works tho, anyone know if this has an effect?

Yes thats right. I have tried that too and it does slow things down although the scorecard looks a little strange. Having said that the default Codemaster line-up has our dear Freddie as a number eleven batsman anyway!!:)

Yes thats right. I have tried that too and it does slow things down although the scorecard looks a little strange. Having said that the default Codemaster line-up has our dear Freddie as a number eleven batsman anyway!!:)

I may try that in my next game. I believe you should have some quality batsmen at the tail end anyway, not to many tho.

What you mean by the scorecard looking a little strange.

jamershepp added 1 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

And i dont belive adding a tail ender into 3rd will have any impact on your game massively maybe not even atall i may try this.
If it is a success ill stick with it, as i find this is not an issue.

I may try that in my next game. I believe you should have some quality batsmen at the tail end anyway, not to many tho.

What you mean by the scorecard looking a little strange.

jamershepp added 1 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

And i dont belive adding a tail ender into 3rd will have any impact on your game massively maybe not even atall i may try this.
If it is a success ill stick with it, as i find this is not an issue.

Well if your batsmen get out early (and mine usually do, just like in real life) and you stick in a so-called nightwatchman after say only 11 or 12 overs it looks a little strange. Luckily nobody's watching and nobody cares, least of all me!! I am bit of a perfectionist though and detail my scores in an excel spreadsheet sometimes (God I'm sad:D I need to get a girlfriend!:laugh)

Well if your batsmen get out early (and mine usually do, just like in real life) and you stick in a so-called nightwatchman after say only 11 or 12 overs it looks a little strange. Luckily nobody's watching and nobody cares, least of all me!! I am bit of a perfectionist though and detail my scores in an excel spreadsheet sometimes (God I'm sad:D I need to get a girlfriend!:laugh)

LMAO :laugh na we all secretly do that spreadsheet thing really.
But i dont really care what the scorecard looks like it doesent bother me atall, as long as it stops stupid slogging ect.
Im deffinately gonna try this technique in my next ashes game, cant play at the moment as im on holiday but cant wait well to finish my ashes first test as i was in the middle of the test at cardiff and chose to bat and had just enforced the follow on but not due to bad runn outs and slogging, it was like good catches few bowls and 1 lbw so i was very happy with my bowling and bowled them out for like 150 i think around there anywayz.

I have copied all my test matches on paper before so i could transport it on to this forum how sad lol :laugh :D

Hi , guys ?. First of all let me thank Aussis1st and Colin for their hard work in modifying the game. I did some testing last night using Aussis1st new User.dat and colin?s Skill Editor 6. what I did was, reduced skill Batting level of all Bangladeshis other then their judgment and speed.. but I made sure their skill point balance is 0. and I increased the English teams fielding.

Then I played as ODI at hard level?. Following are the results

Bangladesh (AI) ? all out for 125 in 28 overs ( only one run out and generally running was good)

England (Me) ? 126/4 in 36 overs

Well not the best results but we sure are making some progress.

Keep up the good work Colin and Aussis1st ?.. I am waiting for something from Abbh still

Try setting all batsmen at 100 judgement, 0 placement and 50 timing.

Here's the results so far using this field.

Note i bowl on the other side to left handers, i bowl mainly at the stumps or just outside swinging it into the batsmen or selecting straight ball and just missing off stump. Hence the leg side protection.

Please can someone tell me how I change the Aussie and English stats like you have so then I can enjoy the game a bit more !

Would be much appreciated.

Please can someone tell me how I change the Aussie and English stats like you have so then I can enjoy the game a bit more !

Would be much appreciated.

You can edit the stats they are talking about in the game itself via the "customisation" menu but it is a lot easier to download the beta editor in the downloads forum at the top of this page made by Barmy Army. In addition you can download the update player rosters there. Hope this helps.

Can someone who has done this just confirm, making a tail ender bat at 3 will stop the ai going into slog mode? Even after a wicket falls? Do i need to promote a couple of tail enders or is one enough?

Can someone who has done this just confirm, making a tail ender bat at 3 will stop the ai going into slog mode? Even after a wicket falls? Do i need to promote a couple of tail enders or is one enough?

My only experience has been of placing one tailender up the order at number 4 and they come in after 2 wickets down. This after a tip somewhere. This has definitely ensured that they slow right down, although it also depends on how long they can hang around for. A few times I have been reduced to bowling very unthreateningly to make sure that they get a bit of a hold. Not realistic I know but it does stop some of the pyschopathic bludgeoning that these middle order guys seem intent on creating.

Users who are viewing this thread