AI tweaking thread - Figured out how to reduce confidence and reduce smashing

I can confirm that this method does not work. Back to the drawing board.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 107
I'm gonna try the tailender theory for my second test despite me getting realistic results.

Well if your batsmen get out early (and mine usually do, just like in real life) and you stick in a so-called nightwatchman after say only 11 or 12 overs it looks a little strange. Luckily nobody's watching and nobody cares, least of all me!! I am bit of a perfectionist though and detail my scores in an excel spreadsheet sometimes (God I'm sad:D I need to get a girlfriend!:laugh)

I haven't got the patience for spreadsheets - feels too much like hard work.

I too ahve tried the tailender promotion a while ago, and it doesnt work. But one thing we can get from this is that a) it is built in the code for the computer to attack after a period of time or b) it is related to bowler/batsmen confidence.

How these can be adjusted, who the hell knows.....

Test matches have become unplayable Im afraid for me. When the AI is batting properly, its seriously is the best cricket gaming experience ever. Its jsut a matter of reeling in the AI to play like it does at the start of the innings for the duration of an innings. More easily said than done.

I can confirm that this method does not work. Back to the drawing board.

Firstly thanks for taking the time to test this theory for us.
Secondly i am very frustrated as i thought we may have a slight breakthrough with this one, but you know will get there eventually, with the help of a patch would be much easier, but seems we have to wait for that.
But for now i just suggest we bowl full lengths in light green areas as much as possible and dont give them the oportunity to hit big big shot of us continuously, as this is when there confidence rises massively and they believe they can hit anything for six.
So for now lets just keep there confidence levels down.

Another slight option im going to try is.... create say my own Clarke... Slip him in instead of the AI's Clarke and see if the created player bats a little differently. Could be clutching at straws to be honest!:facepalm

hey im new here but this is what i tried and it is working pretty well.
im south africa playing england on normal, and i put swann in at number 5.
After the first wicket fell number 3 and 4 started slogging, as they usually do. But after they got out and swann came in every single batter after him played normally. So i ended day one with England on 359/9 off 90 overs. Which is pretty realistic, but this only seems to work if Swann is high up the order, maybe it has sometihng to do with him being classed as an allrounder or something?!?!

hey im new here but this is what i tried and it is working pretty well.
im south africa playing england on normal, and i put swann in at number 5.
After the first wicket fell number 3 and 4 started slogging, as they usually do. But after they got out and swann came in every single batter after him played normally. So i ended day one with England on 359/9 off 90 overs. Which is pretty realistic, but this only seems to work if Swann is high up the order, maybe it has sometihng to do with him being classed as an allrounder or something?!?!

mate keep us updated on this!... Hopefully this works!!

I tried reversing the SL batting order with some interesting results. First, I reduced all their placement and strenght skills to around 20-30. I left the openers, but put the tail-enders in positions 3,4,5,6. The first couple tailenders slogged and a couple batted normally. I eventually had the sixth wicket down for about 80 after 35 overs. When the sixth wicket fell, Sangakara, Jayawardene came in and played very realistic. They batted very well for about 20 overs and then for no apparent reason they started slogging. At one point they were even playing defensive shots to the spinners, but something seems to trigger them into slog mode.

They've either hard coded some AI behavior based on some fuzzy logic, or its based totally on confidence.

I tried reversing the SL batting order with some interesting results. First, I reduced all their placement and strenght skills to around 20-30. I left the openers, but put the tail-enders in positions 3,4,5,6. The first couple tailenders slogged and a couple batted normally. I eventually had the sixth wicket down for about 80 after 35 overs. When the sixth wicket fell, Sangakara, Jayawardene came in and played very realistic. They batted very well for about 20 overs and then for no apparent reason they started slogging. At one point they were even playing defensive shots to the spinners, but something seems to trigger them into slog mode.

They've either hard coded some AI behavior based on some fuzzy logic, or its based totally on confidence.

This slog mode is the one thing that bothering me!! if only we could get rid of it!!

Maybe we should still try this theory of putting a tailender at third man and give it a better go and carry on bowling full lengths in the light green areas.

Another slight option im going to try is.... create say my own Clarke... Slip him in instead of the AI's Clarke and see if the created player bats a little differently. Could be clutching at straws to be honest!:facepalm

i did that but he is still playing his mad slogs...seems like its a programming for middle order batsmen to play like that because the openers bat well but once they are gone the AI goes mad all the time and the game becomes disaster...

I got good results by doing what gas suggested in setting the aussie batsman at 100 judgement, 0 placement and 50 timing.
I bowled them out for 339 off 105 overs.

Users who are viewing this thread