An absolute disgrace

i lvoe this game...the confidence meter is good..i have to build me innings on easy i got a 50 off 40 balls...if it was c2k2 i would have done it in 12...

also Sumo we will make it number one by injuring all the good players and then all there is too watch is crap players.... :lol:

Originally posted by amir51@Dec 23 2003, 01:54 PM
i lvoe this game...the confidence meter is good..i have to build me innings on easy i got a 50 off 40 balls...if it was c2k2 i would have done it in 12...

also Sumo we will make it number one by injuring all the good players and then all there is too watch is crap players.... :lol:
That would be wrong...but Cricket is growing by itself, no need to hurt anyone :P

i got out australia for 16 on hard in a test match.and when i bat.....bat..i can't bat in this game i always seem to loose a few eickets early usually runouts or being bowled by a yorker(to many mooo! yorkers it's pathetic)i'm quite happy that the battings hard but the bowling is to easy and in test matches it's to boring.

any things got to be harder that c2004. how did you get the majority of your wickets?

i got seven with harbhajan(or whatever) six backpad and one lbw(i think thats right)three with agarkar two backpad, one caught behind.

now im kinda confused. should i buy this game or not. overall people are saying its better than cricket 2002. so i think i should buy it. what bout u people out there?

if its a cricket game its worth getting esp if its newer and better than 2002

hey punksta i'm getting off(i'm going to see a movie)see ya later on tonight.chao.

later then. but don't forget i wont be on till late your time cos im' goin to bed.chao or whatever it is :thumbs: :thumbs:

I don't think Cricket 2004 should be banned I think you should be banned from posting on these forums

He's just expressing his views as someone who has purchased the game. Nothing wrong in that.

hey dude where have you been?,i never see your posts on this forum( current posts).

Although (being in England) I haven't yet got the game, I've ordered it from NZL so hopefully sometime in the new year I'll be able to see what all the fuss is about...

Now I have to come to the defence of the producer at HB studios here as Cricket is IMHO not an east sport to simulate, he's been involved with all games from Graham Gooch on the Amiga which was horrendous for bugs, you just could'nt complete a match without a crash but the PC version was better, along with Lara '96/Warne etc...which I beta tested for them and BLC (Codemasters) too I actually did the teams for that game along with beta testing...not blowing my own trumpet here but I found BLC quite stable...Since then it would seem that since EA things have gone "pear shaped" I know that the HB producer is English and very knowledgable about cricket hence an accurate representation of the sport!!

So why the all the bugs ? well being honest do the beta testing guys (assuming EA are testing it) really know where to look ? do they look at different areas including the editor ? is it tested on different systems with different gfx cards etc ? I know I used to get a freeze up from between 15 - 25 overs on Cricket 2002 depending on resolutions and since installing nVidia's latest drivers & DX9a it has sorted the problem which makes it system issue not a game issue....Indeed BLC ran on a P3 800mhz 64mb RAM with a voodoo 3 but try running it on a 1.7Ghz P4 ....no go!!!

I was supposed to be doing teams for Cricket 2004 then I assume testing, but HB's producer never got back to me...his website and contact details I can't find and had he got back to me I'd have probably picked up on a lot of those problems...I agree it's down to money and timeframes but I feel the Cricket gameplaying public would be better beta testers than EA itself and probably a lot cheaper too!! add to that the editors and add ons on this site have extended Cricket 2002's interest up to now and probably beyond which have been done by the talents on this site would go to prove this...

I think it's a bit harsh to say Cricket 2004 is c**p, should be banned etc, it's just IMHO down to knowledge, system set ups and money !!!

Remember if HB's producer packed it in because of these remarks etc...where would your next Cricket game come from ?

Cheers,

Steve S.

Users who are viewing this thread