Anal Play

When the cpu bowlers have full confidence, they have that annoying slow ball yorker. The one where it starts say short and wide off stump and then zooms right up the pitch to your offstump. You have to play this late, down and block will do. You have to wait for the cursor to reach its final destination. Same with their slow ball bouncers, if you wait, it will never hit you. Its not easy, especially if your facing a 90mph+ bowler as they may not use their special deliverys as soon as there confidence is full.

BTW 3 wickets have gone down in my match in the final session of day 4. :(

Another thing I found annoying. The cpu bowler not only bowled two special balls in a row when the first one didn't hit me but also managed to bowl a special ball yorker when his confidence bar wasn't full!!!

Yay, first century on test level.
ICC CT semifinal: England vs Australia.
They elected to bat and got to 110/0 mainly due to the fact I dropped 9 (nine) catches including two at slip...
When both their openers were nearing 50 (lots of extras) I brought my quicks back on while their confidence was low and got them both out. :)
Ponting smacked 24 off a Giles over - 140/1. Then it went very very wrong. I started holding onto some catches (final stats: caught 2 dropped 12), I also started murdering the middle order. Aus 176 ao!
Batting. I decided to be positive and took McGrath and Gillespie for 12 an over. It was 140/0 off 12 overs before Ponting decided to change his bowlers!
Slowed down and found it much harder after that but still won by 9 wickets in 21 overs. The only wicket this incredible ball from Kasper which knocked out two of my stumps. Wow! :D

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 133
...and first century in a test on test level. It's like a light has come on. I scored the 3rd 50 here in 3 overs when the cpu had 5 on the boundary :)

Attachments

• vaughan100.jpg
    vaughan100.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 128
barmyarmy said:
Another thing I found annoying. The cpu bowler not only bowled two special balls in a row when the first one didn't hit me but also managed to bowl a special ball yorker when his confidence bar wasn't full!!!
I've had the AI and myself bowling two special deliveries in a row, but never had the AI bowl a special one when his confidence meter wasn't full. Must be a bug I haven't come across as of yet.

BTW, congrats on your first test mode century. I just had mine as well with Younis Khan against Australia in my first test mode test match that went longer than one day. :D I'll post results when I finish the match.

My best score on test mode was 84 by WG Grace playing for Worcstershire (created team) EDIT: I got 90 today with imran khan playing for lancs

i have had plenty of hundreds on test level but i do play the game 2 much

Well I finally got a chance to finish off my first test against Australia. Here are the stats. It was a close one, the winning runs came from a misfield by Gilly that got me four byes. :D The match went on till the last session of the 4th day.

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 85
Well my Ashes series continues...
First two tests washed out with me scoring about 40 in each innings. Third test in progress; if you remember from the pics above I scored my first century and got to 345. In reply the Aussies were bowled out for 180 giving me a lead of 170.
In my second innings I fell to 20/4 and then 40/6. This gem of an innings from Ashley Giles though supported by Geraint Jones took me over 200 and my lead past the 400 mark. Fantastic stuff - a hundred under pressure from Gilo.
4th innings Aus put on 120 for the first wicket (I've edited the batting skill) before I was able to us the drop in confidence experienced as they neared 50 to remove both openers. Loving the test matches on this game. I'm hoping to finish my 5 test series before the Ashes starts again next year!!!

Attachments

• Giles100.jpg
    Giles100.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 59
ashley giles hitting a 100 :O thats a first lol. well played colin

barmyarmy said:
Well my Ashes series continues...
First two tests washed out with me scoring about 40 in each innings. Third test in progress; if you remember from the pics above I scored my first century and got to 345. In reply the Aussies were bowled out for 180 giving me a lead of 170.
In my second innings I fell to 20/4 and then 40/6. This gem of an innings from Ashley Giles though supported by Geraint Jones took me over 200 and my lead past the 400 mark. Fantastic stuff - a hundred under pressure from Gilo.
4th innings Aus put on 120 for the first wicket (I've edited the batting skill) before I was able to us the drop in confidence experienced as they neared 50 to remove both openers. Loving the test matches on this game. I'm hoping to finish my 5 test series before the Ashes starts again next year!!!

You really are getting use to the batting! Guess you now know how I hit a hundred with Harmison.

Users who are viewing this thread