Anil Kumble?

Offspinner

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Does Anil Kumble still play cricket? As I am not good on terms with countries other than Australia and England, I was hoping someone could help with the answer.

Offspinner said:
Does Anil Kumble still play cricket? As I am not good on terms with countries other than Australia and England, I was hoping someone could help with the answer.
Yes. Though he is only selected for test matches these days.

call him the best, statistically and even by his attitude/temperament, and never-die-attitude.

Anyway, its time he is back into the scheme of things for ODI's. Though Indian bowling is ~~ right now, it needs experienced campaigner for the WC.

Kumble should be back playing ODIs.I think we are better off playing two spinners in ODIs. Besides all the fast bowlers other than Agarkar and Munaf . We can play a third fast bowler if we are picking 5 bowlers. There is no need for the 4 fast bowler 1 spinner combination.

And don't forget that Kumble usually pitches in with some valuable runs. I'm not sure how he'd do in ODI cricket. Alot of batsmen might just treat him like a medium pacer, because Kumble does not turn the ball all that much....And I don't know wheter or not he would get taken for lots of runs. i doubt it though, this guy know's his cricket, IMO the best bowler India has produced...

i think i read a intervew of his a while back where he said that u only need to spin the ball 3 degrees, im sure that he could spin it more but the way he outhinks the batmsan there is really no need for him to spin it like other great batsman. i think he focuses more on acuracy, but a great bowler dont forget the 10 wickets he took in a inings against pakistan.

Users who are viewing this thread