Any Improvements?

Hmm... You always end up with this kind of decision.

----------

It's better to say no feedies , no suggestions .

We're happy to have feedback or suggestions that will improve the site, the overall experience for all the users.
Having bigger/heavier avatars or sigs doesn't improve it in any way, on the contrary, it affects site performance. All pages will be heavier and load slower. Our servers would always have a greater load, leading to further performance hits.
If all this can be avoided by simply restricting the size of avatars, I'm sure it makes sense in all respects.

If you look back, a lot of suggestions have been incorporated into the site, and we have come a long way from where we were 10 years back.

----------

And of course, from an aesthetic point of view, the beauty of a simple still image cannot be compared to a flashy animation. I certainly cannot look at a page with all images constantly changing.

It's also worth pointing out that the avatar limit have been increased, a few years back it used to be 30kb avatars and 60kb sigs. We have also eased the restriction that used to be a single line of text only below a sig image as well as adding the large 'cover' images to profiles - another place to show off your graphics.

The intention is a balance between being reasonable load times and data usage for visitors and the amount of creativity you can have in that space.

I have a particular dislike for animated sigs and avatars - if I was genuinely not taking consideration for feedback, I'd go disable that right now.

just out of curiosity can i know the hosting service used by PC, whats the bandwidth you guys have on the server?

One Million Dollars jizzobits

Bro. Can you please tell when i log in from desktop and view some thread then i post it says to log in agan but when i use remember me it didn't is the login session so small period :yes

Bro. Can you please tell when i log in from desktop and view some thread then i post it says to log in agan but when i use remember me it didn't is the login session so small period :yes
it also depends upon that have you turned on cookies or not.If not turn it on and about login session,matt knows better about this

I'd personally consider it an improvement if planet cricket didn't try to mind-bum me when i login!

attachment.php

Attachments

• WTAF.png
    WTAF.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 92
It's the ghost of Chunnster past, present and future. Be afraid.

Users who are viewing this thread