Any tips for new ICC players?

Fe98

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm new to the world of ICC (running 2006 btw), so do you guys have any playing tips or is there a FAQ running around somewhere?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
All rounders are pretty priceless. I have ICC 2005 and JP Yadhav became one of my star players for India, being the fifth bowler and getting centuries down at #7.

RabbleRouser

Club Cricketer
Muhammad Saad said:
I m talking about playing allrounders in first class becuz they are useless in bowling
Not true if you ask me. Lots of youth allrounders come through with averages <25 in bowling so you can use them as a good number 8. Theyre also really handy in one dayers even if there bowling isnt that good as long as you set defensive fields.

Hopeful

School Cricketer
if your playing a a while look at second team averages of youth players. anything over 60 for batsmen and under 18 for bowlers pretty much means they will be good players.

Chax

School Cricketer
The way i use my allrounders is just put them on bowling practise, i dont care about their batting. I bat my allrounders on very high aggression, even in 4-day matches and well, their bowling improves to about to about if their good 2.00 Rpo and pick up like 1-3 wickets. They arent good for wickets.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
When checking youth players. Bowlers especially always check their entire bowling stats. If you had a bowler with an average of 15 and a bowler with an average of 17, have a good look at their Economy rates. If its around 2.81 then they will be very useful for Odi cricket, whilst if up around 3.5 then they are more likely to be a strike bowler. A good bowling attack will have one or two of each.

Same goes for all-rounders, some might only have a bowling average of 20-25, but if they have a really low economy rate, will make a useful 5th bowler.

Users who are viewing this thread