Review: Anyone else unsatisfied?

i have to say the shine is coming off now, and this is mainly down to the fielding. constantly having to change/check fields for changes is wearing thin, as are the fielding mechanics. fed up with watching the ball go up in the air towards a fielder and it either watching it go by cos there is another one somewhere behind, or the fielder runs towards the ball, stops and watches it drop in front of him.

do we have any idea when patch 4 is likely to hit?
Definately in 2017....

me: is Ross & his BA team back from Vacation:cheers? it's been almost 3 months.

Fanboys: They are working their @ss off to make this game much better for you while you are still whining.

me: i just asked. I've bought the game too.. i also suppor......

Fanboys: Shut up you. We know better.

me: but but but:(

Fanboys: Stop it... P.S @Ross we love you. We will wait for eternity for the next patch. BA Rocks

me::facepalm
And fan girl. Was this actual or like a woman talking to an intelligent man (delusional, as they don't exist). Love, peas and vegetable rights.

if it was all written that poorly i doubt any of it will be fixed as they will have had no possibility of understanding it.

WTF does:

even mean?
Yeh I'm known for stuff like this I mean on my career it says I have 4 50 but I have only made 2

Yeh I'm known for stuff like this I mean on my career it says I have 4 50 but I have only made 2
Congratulations!! It seems you're the only lucky one to be awarded double rewards beacuse of BA's such "game breaking" issue. We all are suffering from less records than we actually achieved in game, because the stats are so freaking messed up. May be something to cheer for you buddy! ;)

Congratulations!! It seems you're the only lucky one to be awarded double rewards beacuse of BA's such "game breaking" issue. We all are suffering from less records than we actually achieved in game, because the stats are so freaking messed up. May be something to cheer for you buddy! ;)
Not all mate I won't to have the correct stats I'm not a cocky bustard that likes to brag about my stat it has to be correct there probz no records to show for u haha

DBC 17 is getting lot of negative reviews on steam lately. Mainly due to the developers taking their own sweet time to fix the issues.
Screenshot_2017-03-11-12-02-18-561.jpeg

It's just not a very good game unfortunately.

Reviews are well deserved.

I agree. Period. But ffs we are all going be blessed.

The recent reviews place it at 33% positive in the last 30 days but I also note that there aren't many reviews either.

I agree. Period. But ffs we are all going be blessed.
whose going to bless us??? Not sure what you mean.[DOUBLEPOST=1489282181][/DOUBLEPOST]
The recent reviews place it at 33% positive in the last 30 days but I also note that there aren't many reviews either.
maybe a patch 4 thing? People maybe waiting to see what the patch contains, fixes or even breaks? Before they poor scorn/praise over it.

See as far as buying games on steam goes, i assume im like other folk when i say i will NEVER buy a game with mixed user reviews... methinks the early release will severely damage the pc sales due to this... (presuming im not the only one who listens to steam reviews :P)

See as far as buying games on steam goes, i assume im like other folk when i say i will NEVER buy a game with mixed user reviews... methinks the early release will severely damage the pc sales due to this... (presuming im not the only one who listens to steam reviews :P)
Okay! As for you, I'd say, yes! A game with mixed review sometimes hurts when bought and thus you shouldn't. But our beloved steam gives you a brief phase of 2 hours to play it, after which, you can safely return it. Some games even give you a phase of 2 to 10 days. So my point is, read reviews, take opinion, but test yourself. Buy, try and return if dissatisfied. I found mafia 3 is great. Just cause 3 is awesome. But, they are rated moderate. Reviews are mixed. :)
On the contrary, tomb raider is overwhelmingly positive according to steam, but I found it one of those nice storytelling captivating titles which keeps you engaged for hours but nothing to be overwhelmed of. So it differs according to you and thus you should test what you found worthy without clouding your judgement.

Last edited:
But there us this guy on this forum named Dutch who thinks negative comments are just the minority! Pfft!

I presume you mean me and if you could point to where I have said that I would be very grateful......don't bother looking, you won't find it. What I would say before you call me an ass licker ( I don't even own a donkey and even if I did, licking it would not be my first port of call) is I think there is a lot that needs improving on in the game and fixing and that the whole thing is rather clumsy in terms of design choices. I think we as a community have to take some responsibility for that as we banged on endlessly about what we wanted in the game and BA have done their best to deliver that but have perhaps overreached their hand because there are lots of things that have fallen by the wayside somewhat due to development pressures etcetera. I think we would all like them to go back to concentrating on gameplay in the next edition. I would quite happily play in generic stadiums with generic teams if gameplay was a top notch priority: that is me, that is just my personal opinion. Having said that I personally, again my opinion, enjoy much about the game and it gives me a lot of pleasure and relaxation and immersion. Just what I want from a game. So in summary my opinion: yes there is lots to be fixed: but I personally have lots of fun with the game and am certain that the next patch will bring the game on to the next level. Whether this should have been the case at release is open to debate and can understand peoples gripes with that. Now, I have attempted to engage in an actual discussion on this in this thread. Hopefully that can be appreciated and reacted upon in the same manner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I presume you mean me and if you could point to where I have said that I would be very grateful......don't bother looking, you won't find it. What I would say before you call me an ass licker ( I don't even own a donkey and even if I did, licking it would not be my first port of call) is I think there is a lot that needs improving on in the game and fixing and that the whole thing is rather clumsy in terms of design choices. I think we as a community have to take some responsibility for that as we banged on endlessly about what we wanted in the game and BA have done their best to deliver that but have perhaps overreached their hand because there are lots of things that have fallen by the wayside somewhat due to development pressures etcetera. I think we would all like them to go back to concentrating on gameplay in the next edition. I would quite happily play in generic stadiums with generic teams if gameplay was a top notch priority: that is me, that is just my personal opinion. Having said that I personally, again my opinion, enjoy much about the game and it gives me a lot of pleasure and relaxation and immersion. Just what I want from a game. So in summary my opinion: yes there is lots to be fixed: but I personally have lots of fun with the game and am certain that the next patch will bring the game on to the next level. Whether this should have been the case at release is open to debate and can understand peoples gripes with that. Now, I have attempted to engage in an actual discussion on this in this thread. Hopefully that can be appreciated and reacted upon in the same manner.

I bought DBC14 on PS3 and PC, but I'm not going to buy DBC17. I've watched a ton of YouTube clips of the game, and read every review. I actually really don't like the game, at all.

I think they put too much time into other distracting features, and this came at the expense of basic gameplay and stats. Sami ullah khan said it well, when he suggested that the investment into women's teams and stadium creators should not have been made. BA aren't big enough to have taken on these things safely along with everything else. Good to have lofty goals, but it didn't work out.... look what happened; things that worked in DBC14 were taken out or corrupted, while new malfunctions were introduced.

The lack of full statistics in any cricket game is a killer, just like it would be with baseball. It should have been co-priority #1 alongside gameplay. It gives the game the depth that cricket cannot live without. It's the oxygen. Gameplay is the brain. The two can't survive without the other.

The academy is very good. But within the actual game, I find the animations, camera angles, fielding, and wicketkeeping to be unnatural. I don't like it. It isn't cricket to me.

I've dreamed of a wonderful cricket game that plays beautifully with full stats and ability to play tournaments, but with everything else generic. Everything else could be as plain as a dry cracker, and I wouldn't care because you'd have a gem that has the one crucial aspect: it's actually cricket. I'd save up and pay 500 bucks for that.

Glad you can get something immersive out of it, Dutch - and yes, we all have our own opinions - but I just don't like this game. I'll be surprised if this mess becomes a stunner with patch #4. I can't see it making a difference, unless full stats are brought in like they should have been in the first place - then I'll take another peek. In any event, I will just hang out to see if any other company takes on cricket gaming, and makes something new.

Users who are viewing this thread