TENNIS AO Tennis

'SideSpin' Dazzer

Club Captain
Even I think the sidespin generally is too much on most shots now, needs toning down by about 30% (not 'to happen' 30% less, but to have 30% so ro less curve on shots generally) I think and it will match what we see during Wimbledon next week.

I do love how the amount of curve does vary from shot to shot from the CPU AI players though, this game has got some immense physics coding in it, especially to have CPU players bending the ball down the line aiming it out to curve back in, and drop shots with sidespin that they aim to just stay in most of the time at the sideline, wonderful job by Mike and his team and the overseeing Ross...

Never did I think I would say the above for any Tennis game!!

;)

CraigMc24

Club Captain
I do love how the amount of curve does vary from shot to shot from the CPU AI players though, this game has got some immense physics coding in it, especially to have CPU players bending the ball down the line aiming it out to curve back in, and drop shots with sidespin that they aim to just stay in most of the time at the sideline
Yeah love the sidespin for topspin shots down the line & Sidespin on the drop shots are great. I’m finding though, specially on drop shots that the side spin takes over the physics and movement of the shot through the air too often. It basically happens most, if not all the time to the point where pretty much every drop shot played has sidespin when not all drop shots played have or need sidespin, so yeah as you say may need to be tuned back 30%.

Also what would be cool is if they could make use of the back left trigger on the controller when playing a drop shot which would trigger sidespin if wanted and needed and maybe how ever long you hold that button down for determines how much side spin you get. Might be hard to implement but would be cool

Nard2020

Club Captain
Can they team adjust the short court game? There's no way to "crush" a sitter. Any time the opponent stabs at a ball and pops it up high just over the net, it's a nightmare to hit groundstrokes with any authority (despite that being probably the easier shot in real tennis to throughly punish).

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Can they team adjust the short court game? There's no way to "crush" a sitter. Any time the opponent stabs at a ball and pops it up high just over the net, it's a nightmare to hit groundstrokes with any authority (despite that being probably the easier shot in real tennis to throughly punish).

That defensive shot needs a lot of work, it still pops up in a very weird loopy type way and yeah I agree you should be able to punish the opponent when they are forced into a defensive shot, but most of the time you can't.

kamy100

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
On PS4 pro the player not reacting bug is back. Happens when you get side on. It happens a few times a set.

Gustav

Little Timmy
Hi i am looking for South African based PS4 players to join us in online tourneys for Ao Tennis if anyone would be interested please leave you PSN ID with reference to this chat and I will contact you.

CraigMc24

Club Captain
Did any Xbox guys on here get the fix for the slice animation bug when playing flat and top spin shots? Mine still shows the slice animation most of the time!

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Xbox takes longer to update - it will happen this week.

The shot is OK and plays as it should, it's just the animation that's incorrect.[DOUBLEPOST=1530534189][/DOUBLEPOST]
On PS4 pro the player not reacting bug is back. Happens when you get side on. It happens a few times a set.

We've had reports on all platforms and are looking at what is causing it, likely fix this week.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Can someone explain to me what the Support Team feature is all about?

I earned enough money in my last tournament to change my team to Mima Management, which shows I have two stars for Form/Confidence, but I have no idea what that does for me.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Can someone explain to me what the Support Team feature is all about?

I earned enough money in my last tournament to change my team to Mima Management, which shows I have two stars for Form/Confidence, but I have no idea what that does for me.
Less stamina is used for travelling with more stars with fatigue and when you have high confidence you get a boost before matches. In the match selection screen you see the boost in green

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
New 64.7MB patch on Xbox, is this the slice animation fix?

Users who are viewing this thread